Little help?

Options
Hi there,
I'm on day 3 of the 30 day shred and eating weight watchers meals for lunch and a calorie controlled dinner. I snack on apples and drink sugar-free flavoured water(Hate plain water)
I'm looking to tone and lose inches rather than weight I guess..

But my calorie in-take seems low BUT i'm not hungry so does this mean my body is getting enough calories and not starving?
Generally i'm a very hungry person but these meals seem to be filling me up and keeping me full..

Any help appreciated :-)

Replies

• AliMariesDad
    Options
    If you're not hungry, then you're probably eating enough. If you start to get headaches or start feeling weak, then I'd start worrying. I haven't looked at your diary yet, but you're probably just fine. For toning, just target your Calorie intact - if you a little below or even a little above, you'll be fine.
  • phyllisbix
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I have found that eating a little bit throughout the day is key to my success. I snack on things like a hard boiled egg, fresh fruit, carrots and hummus, greek yogurt, etc. There are days that I too am under my calories, but looking at food as fuel has helped. One suggestion that I picked up from Jillian Michaels and my own transformation is that my beloved weight watchers and lean cuisine meals harmed more than helped because of all of the processed foods that they possess.

Aim for that 1200 calorie threshold and remember that food is fuel, hope this helps and good luck.
  • princesssvicky14
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    WW meals are the only way I can go at the moment..with a 2 month old baby and 3 year old I don't stop all day and have no time to cook healthily so I would still be eating WAAAAAYYY more junk.

I definitely don't feel weak or hungry.
    When i've done stupid diets before i've felt weak,moody and starving to the point of passing out.
    Whereas doing this I feel full mostly and only ever get a little hunger feeling before my next meal..Which I would class as norm.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Two numbers to pay attention to - Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE).

You can get calculators for both of these numbers here: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html

RMR is the minimum number of calories your body needs to sustain itself - base functions like breathing, heartbeat and maintaining active tissue. Eating below this number is not a good idea for a number of reasons.

TDEE is the average number of calories you require daily to maintain your current weight, based on your levels of activity. If you aren't looking to lose weight, this is what you can have in a day and keep your weight static.

If you are looking to 'tone', you want to start with body weight exercises and add in some weight training. If you are doing that, you are going to want to be eating because your body will be breaking down muscle when you're working that hard, and you need to provide it with the proper materials (nutritional support) to rebuild them better. Muscle takes up much less space than fat, so you can acutally stay at the same weight, maybe even gain a pound or two, and end up a smaller size.
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you think that you have no time you are mistaken
  • princesssvicky14
    Options
    If you think that you have no time you are mistaken

Erm why would that be?