Home exercise ideas!!!

Options
Hii, I keep avoiding exercise because i dont have time to go to a gym or even walk! Iam either at work or with my kiddo and the only time i could exercise is when hes asleep, any ideas, videos or something? Thanksssss

Replies

• JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hii, I keep avoiding exercise because i dont have time to go to a gym or even walk! Iam either at work or with my kiddo and the only time i could exercise is when hes asleep, any ideas, videos or something? Thanksssss
    There's a ton of things you can do at home. Include your child to make it a fun activity for both of your. Jog in place, jumping jacks, squats, jump rope, take a couple cans of veggies and use them to curl with.
  • SteevzGirl
    SteevzGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love my 2 handled resistance band and also my large balance/exercise ball. Both came with exercises, are not expensive and I enjoy using them...I think they feel a little more like playing than working, but they make a difference!! Or, just take the kids for a walk if the weather is nice. Whatever you do, good luck!
  • domnut
    domnut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do floor/ab/arm/leg exercises while watching TV, or try the 30 day shred, it only takes 27 minutes (including warm up and warm down). You can find the videos on YouTube and do them in the lounge after your little one is asleep.

Here is the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

In fact this channel has heaps of short work outs you can do, so you can mix it up: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit?feature=CAQQwRs=

Good luck :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    baby lifts!! your strength grows with them!!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the 'Insanity' workout online (free.....ssshh don't tell) and I do like it. I didn't try to keep up with them at first, it's quite hard. But, it's a good workout. All you need are running shoes and enough space to drop and give them 10!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ski steps are fun!

go to this page & scroll down to free workout videos :wink:

http://www.nowloss.com/Lose-Weight/
  • crisel1010
    Options
    Thank youu, ill download them!!
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Stop being lazy and go to the gym. There's a reason why all the fit, athletic, attractive people congregate there

uh no. progress can be made as long as you're exercising. doesn't matter WHERE you exercise.
    and she blatantly said the only time she can do it is in the evening.
    like lol what are accomplishing by writing this, ugh.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    30 Day Shred, Bob Harper: Kettlebell Cardio Shred, Yoga, C25K if you can go out running.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    30 day shred takes 22 minutes (+ shower) and is available on YouTube. Otherwise do situps, pushups, jumping jacks, walk/jog in place, jump rope, put music on and dance around as crazy as you can..... Why don't you exercise with your kid? If (s)he is really small, put them in a stroller and walk/run. If they are older, walk, ride bikes, or play games with them! Silly soccer or tag or whatever. This will get both of you healthy and active..
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Stop being lazy and go to the gym. There's a reason why all the fit, athletic, attractive people congregate there

How rude! It is a fallacy that you need to go to the gym to keep fit. You could work out to an exercise DVD at home, buy some dumb bells to use at home, borrow a work out book from the library with plenty of pictorial demonstrations, walk to local destinations, depending on the age of your child, play chasing games and push them on the swings, gardening and other household chores.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the Wii or Wii exercises are great!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When you're standing still long enough do some squats (i.e. at the kitchen sink doing dishes). Or do some walking lunges throughout the house when getting around from room to room to do things.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    its amazing what you can do with bodyweight exercises alone to build a very good level of fitness. pushups, bodyweight squats, basic plyo work, etc.. you can also pickup a pair of dumbbells and do a full body workout.. LOADS of resources on the web, but you can also pick up a copy of Rachel Cosgroves book http://rachelcosgrove.com/. I got a copy for my wife and she Loves it!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Skipping, crunches, push ups, weights (if you have dumbbells), step ups, lunges. I don't have a gym membership but all of these work just as well as any machine, in my opinion haha :)
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Some people don't have the time or money, you know.
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Check out exercise dvds. They come in all fitness levels. Comments so far have been for very active, high impact programs. If you need something that will give a workout but will be less high impact check into the Leslie Sansone walking dvds. You can even buy dvds with multiple workouts. Good luck! Don't give up. Just get started.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i do not go to a gym,,, i do it all,,,,home and out on the streets,,, run up and down stairs,,, jump rope, sit ups, jumping jacks,,
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

clee369 -- Your posts are abusive and not helpful