Good Baked Fish Recipes Anyone?

Options
I HATE eating fish! LOVE catching them!!!! I am, however, trying to get my family into a healthier lifestyle and I have been reading how important it is to get the vitamins from fish. It's better for cholesterol, the mind, etc. I can eat fried fish, but it kind of defeats the "healthy" part of the situation. Looking for some help with some tasty recipies without the "fishy" taste. Please help!

Replies

• kantoka
    kantoka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Baked Salmon! Take Salmon filets, and wrap them individually in foil. Sprinkle them with a little Dill first, squeeze a lemon slice on it, and drizzle a LITTLE bit of EVOO. Bake for 15 mins in 375 oven. SUPER yummy. I eat with Brown rice and steamed veggies... I also squeeze lemon juice onto my Veggies too.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    En papillote...

Although I don't see why you'd force yourself to eat something you don't like eating
  • bassfishinqueen
    Options
    To get the nutriton in the best way. Don't want to take vitamins. Trying to broaden my horizens I guess.
  • bassfishinqueen
    Options
    Thank you! Will try it!!
  • cinden33
    cinden33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here is my default...salmon....spray a glass baking pan with pam and place the fillet in it. Mix in a bowl (I use a big plastic cup) 1/2 c. water and one packet of dry itailian seasoning. Pour that over the filet. Pour one can of mushrooms over the top of that. Cover with foil and bake for 15 mins at 350, take the foil off and cook for another 15. So easy and very tasty!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the fishy taste your best bet is mahi mahi or tilapia. I used to never eat fish but now I actually like it! I think it just takes some getting used to. I'll eat salmon, tuna, mahi mahi, tilapia, whiting, cod they are all good. I don't have any amazing recipes to share but dill and lemon juice sound like a good way to flavor it.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have a delicious haddock recipe. I dip my haddock in some almond milk, then I roll it in whole wheat breadcrumbs that are mixed with a little bit of shredded parmesan cheese. I put them on a pan, and I top them with lemon juice and just a tiny bit of smart balance light melted. Bake them at 500 for 15 minutes.. amazing!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Here is my default...salmon....spray a glass baking pan with pam and place the fillet in it. Mix in a bowl (I use a big plastic cup) 1/2 c. water and one packet of dry itailian seasoning. Pour that over the filet. Pour one can of mushrooms over the top of that. Cover with foil and bake for 15 mins at 350, take the foil off and cook for another 15. So easy and very tasty!

this sounds really good! I may have to try this!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this also. I have some King fish and Ling fish I caught during a deep sea fishing trip and I don't know what to do with it.

Can you cook all fish the same? Or should you cook certain fish a certain way?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    This isn't the healthiest, but I love baked haddock or cod. I coat each filet (if more than one) in eggwash then italian breadcrumbs. Put TINY pieces of butter on top of the filets. Bake for 20 min at 350 degrees F or until done. Squeeze lemon on top before eating. It's really good with roasted asparagus or steamed broccoli.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Dijon Salmon

Ingredients

4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
    3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
    1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.
    2. Place salmon skin-side down on foil. Spread a thin layer of mustard on the top of each fillet, and season with salt and pepper. Top with bread crumbs, then drizzle with melted butter.
    3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.

Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
  • cheekycharley
    Options
    Tilpia! Very mild fish flavor but is super good and not overly expensive.

I take 2 fillets
    2 lemon slices
    a tiny tiny bit of butter
    salt and peper
    bake at 350 for 30 minutes. (cover with foil to keep them from frying out.)

Tthis feed my husband and I on a regular basis. I just steam up some broccoli have some cottage cheese and usually some potatoes for him and call it good.

You could also do a broiled tilapia with parmessan cheese. Its really good! just watch the amount of cheese you use!
  • bassfishinqueen
    Options
    Thanks everyone!