think i may have SAD and it's affecting my everything!

Options
i have no motivation. i feel like sleeping all the time. i havent been to the gym in over 2 weeks, and havent lost since before thanksgiving. i have since gained back about 8 of my 22 lbs lost.
i signed up last week for the triple crown of running beginning march 6 with a 5K, march 20 for a 10K and april 3 a 10 miler. though this would get my butt to the gym, but it has yet..
please offer some suggestions to me or motivation. i feel so horrible, and am quite content in my pool of self pity right now..

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Tanning bed, just a few minutes, couple times a week. You need full spectrum light. Works wonders for m'lady.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Tanning bed. The lights help soooo much!
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    First off, 14 pounds is a great accomplishment. Remember how great you felt when you first saw that 14 pound loss? Second, is there something else going on? A mental block? I know back in the day when I was thin I got a lot of unwanted attention from men and well, at times, it's felt safer to hide under the fat. Weight is not just a journey of fat or thin. There are reasons we've allowed ourselves to get there. You now have the gift of being able to discover and overcome whatever it is that is blocking you!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    i have no motivation. i feel like sleeping all the time. i havent been to the gym in over 2 weeks, and havent lost since before thanksgiving. i have since gained back about 8 of my 22 lbs lost.
    i signed up last week for the triple crown of running beginning march 6 with a 5K, march 20 for a 10K and april 3 a 10 miler. though this would get my butt to the gym, but it has yet..
    please offer some suggestions to me or motivation. i feel so horrible, and am quite content in my pool of self pity right now..

First off..what making you sad hun
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym, too--haven't had a membership in maybe 3 years. Try finding new exercises that you actually enjoy.

I walk my dog to the park 5 or 6 days a week. I'm also a member at a tango salon, where I take classes twice a week. I also use my membership to get discounted admission to clubs on the weekends. Do something empowering that makes you feel good about yourself: dance, clean the house, volunteer to work with young children (talk about a workout, chasing kids around!), do some yardwork or yoga, anything to get your rear end moving! Once you're active, you'll feel better about yourself, more confident, and more motivated to keep at it.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid and vitamin D blood levels checked! I was feeling similar recently and my vitamin D levels are low. I've been taking a high level dose of vitamin D -50,000 units once a week. And I feel so much better!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend tanning beds.

Good luck!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am also on 50,000 U vit D a week, you should get it checked.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    boy can I relate! I'm just feeling generally pooty lately. I think I need a week somewhere tropical.