Hungry what can I do?

Options
I just weighed in and found that I lost 2.6 lbs (3 lbs) but I was very hungry yesterday and I am hungry today.

Does anybody have any ideas of what to eat? I work during day and need a few ideas for breakfast and snacks (lunch). I have kept my calorie level at 1200 which was recommended.

I don't want to mess this up --- what do you do? I am a stress eater.... Thanks!

Replies

• rfcollins33
    Options
    There are many ideas, but I do toasted wheat bread with one tablespoon of natural peanut butter and sometimes some bananas on top. I also do rice cakes or the flavored mini ones. Or any snacks, but in moderation. So, if you really just eat one serving of something, instead of a helpin' that is better. lol. I had to learn that myself, because I always ate more than just one serving of foods. or maybe try the five small meals a day thing. It's hard for me to do because I'm a big 3 meal a day type of gal. But, I've heard it works great and cuts down on hunger.
    449813.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • col0825
    col0825 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i have a cup of light and fit yoplait yogurt (Vanilla is my favorite with a 1/4 c of special K or bran flakes tossed in. It's about 150 calories and does the trick.:tongue:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fruit! Its like candy but good for you! I love dried fruit and granola...maybe some unsalted nuts too. Usually for breakfast I'll have a relatively big meal. Theres an old saying that goes something like eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a peasant for dinner. Breakfast is SO important cause it jump started your metabolism for the rest of the day! Some other ideas are granola bars, make sure they are all natural so they don't have any of the yucky corn syrup. Fresh veggies with peanut butter, salsa, cottage cheese. Yogurt is awesome too ...I personally like the soy yogurt best with some fruit or granola. Theres so many options! Really you just need to practice portion control and you can eat whatever you please!
  • kbarker65
    kbarker65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I've been eating two pieces of Sara Lee Light bread, toasted, with one serving of Egg Beaters and a half a serving of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese, and I have to remind myself to eat a mid-morning snack. That sandwich, plus about 3 cups of water, keeps me full until lunch time. The calorie cost - 138 calories.

Other ideas - the Fiber One yogurt is small and only 50 calories, but it's quite filling. I also agree with the fruit comment above.
  • caseybreunig
    caseybreunig Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have found that eating oatmeal with cinnamon and splenda for breakfast is a good filler-upper. It keeps me full until lunch time. I eat a frozen meal or Progresso Light Soup with 5 saltines for lunch, but that usually leaves me hungry around 2pm. I then eat the SmartPop 100 calorie pack popcorn. It might smell up the office, but it's a healthy and filling treat. Celery and peanut butter is another good afternoon snack. Whatever you do...stay away from the vending machines! Even the healthiest choices usually aren't very healthy. It's important to bring snacks from home that are healthy that you can munch on throughout the day!
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A lot of time our brains misinterpret thirst for hunger. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Water will also give your stomach a feeling of fullness with 0 calories. If you are eating your allocated calories you should not add another snack. Just make sure you are drinking enough.
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    something that my husband and i LOVE for breakfast is one of two different kinds of mcmuffin sandwhiches.
    Bacon egg and cheese- this 175 calorie
    put one strip of turkey bacon and cook it in skillet - while its cooking put the mcmuffin in the toaster on medium setting, then do
    1 egg white- spray a bowl with olive oil pam spray, put in microwave for 30 sec intervals until its cooked the way you like it. I like mine a little runny, after the mcmuffin has warmed, put the fat free american or cheddar cheese on it so it will melt. put the egg then the bacon on it. IT IS DELICIOUS!!!!!
    Ham egg and cheese 200 calorie
    do it the same way but start the mcmuffin first because the ham does not take long at all to warm, then do the egg and while the egg is warming but the ham on a skillet and let it warm up. I use reduced fat swiss for this one and it is soooo good!!! You can buy the ham being baked and 96% fat free. I got these recipes from the biggest loser cookbooks and they are amazing! You still get the satisfaction of something "bad" but it is healthy!
  • tschanen
    Options
    Whey protein. It's powder you mix with water or milk and is about 110-140 calories depending on the brand you get. It contains more than 20 grams of protein which keeps you full for a long time. It's been my life saver! I have it in my coffee for breakfast and after my work out, when one's muscles need protein to repair.

And I totally agree with the opinion that one's brain often mistakes thirst for hunger. I usually drink a glass of water when I'm hungry at an odd time and wait a bit before I eat a snack, to see if I really am hungry.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars are really yummy and filling. They also have 9 grams of FIBER. :)
  • cincykid
    cincykid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your ideas. I will work on it and any of the ideas sounds like it would work for me. Thanks for your support !!! :)
  • brendar
    Options
    On the subject of hunger, I recently found this bit of information in an advertisement...perhaps you'll find it helpful?
    REAL HUNGER
    -grows gradually
    -you'll eat anything
    -can wait
    -you stop when you feel full
    -you feel good after eating
    -you feel energized

EMOTIONAL HUNGER
    -hits suddenly
    -you crave a specific food (usually high in fat)
    -needs to be satisfied instantly
    -no amount of food fills you
    -you feel guilty after eating
    -you feel heavier

So I guess my point is sometime feeling hungry needs to be assessed...have you eaten enough calories? Are you wanting to eat to fill some other need? It's a good measuring tool that I'll look at over and over to give myself more insight behind my 'feelings'. :smile:

Best wishes to you!