"You look good, why are you trying to lose weight"

Options
"You look good, why are you trying to lose weight" I hear this a lot, how do you answer politely but in a way that is going to let my loved one know that it bothers me and I'm doing this for myself, and I need support not questioning!?

Replies

• skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    My boyfriend. Thats all I have to say. Haha he's constantly getting mad at me whenever he sees me making something to eat or go to exercise.. "why are you so insecure?! you look so good, you don't need to be all healthy and stuff!" while he's trying to shove some tasty lasagna down my throat. lmao. it does get annoying, but when it happens, just tell them you don't want to look better, you just want to feel better inside. :) for your HEALTH not looks!
  • AimeeCu
    Options
    Exactly like that I would think. I would just say something along the lines of thank you so much but this is a personal goal and I would really appreciate your support.
  • caranda8
    Options
    lol! That's so funny he sounds just like my hubby:) Love him to death but if it was up to him I would stay the way I am, he just says I love you the way are, come and eat with me, while making a fried bean burrito with cheese and chile verde(what he ate last night) and I just walked away and ate my smoothie and baked zucchini with mushrooms!
  • torangd
    torangd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just tell him "yes I look good but I want to look Fabulous!!"
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just tell him, "I'm doing it for me. I have an idea of where I want to be and right now this isn't it. " or something along those lines...
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I say... so I can look fantastic with my clothes off :)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have a few built in excuses. I have degenerative disc disease, so the stronger I make my core, and the lighter I make my frame, the better I feel and the more I can accomplish. Then I politely ask them to shutup or support me.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    "Yes, but you haven't seen me naked!" That oughta stop conversation. :bigsmile:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Because you haven't seen me naked. And no, that isn't an offer.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Fruck off?

You said politely...
  • CoachHeatherM
    CoachHeatherM Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I hear this all the time too! Especially at church. I know I have lost a lot, but I'm not there yet. I just say thank you, and I'm not at my doctor's goal for me yet..... which is true. I have non-alcoholic liver disease and I need to get the weight off!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Reply with....then I will be AWESOME when I am finished!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    lol! That's so funny he sounds just like my hubby:) Love him to death but if it was up to him I would stay the way I am, he just says I love you the way are, come and eat with me, while making a fried bean burrito with cheese and chile verde(what he ate last night) and I just walked away and ate my smoothie and baked zucchini with mushrooms!

You can't eat together if you're eating different foods?
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Because I want to. End of story done. You don't have to explain it to anyone unless you want to do so. You are doing this ish for me, myself, and I.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    "Yes, but you haven't seen me naked!" That oughta stop conversation. :bigsmile:

hahaha.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Fruck off?

You said politely...

Here is the south all you have to do it end it with "bless your heart." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'd look them straight in the eye, smile... and say nothing. And keep repeating.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm a smart *kitten*, so I will probably say something like "the skinniest woman wins, that's why."
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Tell them you are working on being fitter. Anyone can always be fitter. It's something you always work on. Or tell them you are working towards a goal, if you have any you can tell them about (being able to do more pushups, to do chin ups, run a something-or-other, be a better dancer, whatever your goals may be). You want to live a long and healthy life. Whatever...
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Tell them you are working on being fitter. Anyone can always be fitter. It's something you always work on. Or tell them you are working towards a goal, if you have any you can tell them about (being able to do more pushups, to do chin ups, run a something-or-other, be a better dancer, whatever your goals may be). You want to live a long and healthy life. Whatever...

That will satisfy them for sure. That's what I've done before... I don't normally say lose weight to anyone who asks. I just said "I'm trying to be healthier.... fitter.,.. run/ jog faster, etc etc. Works for family and friends and they leave me some space...