Australia rocks!

Options
I want to be an Aussie, best country ever!

Replies

• GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Im an Aussie :)
  • wazzanz
    Options

Great country... shame about the people :)
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    I will add u girl!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options

lol I am one
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options

really whats wrong with us people!!!! not our fault our governement lets in trash opps did I say that...

As and born and raised aussie may I just remind you that you yourself are a boat person and that it was imigrant labour that plumped up australia. Comments like yours make me ashamed to be australian. well done.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options

really whats wrong with us people!!!! not our fault our governement lets in trash opps did I say that...

As and born and raised aussie may I just remind you that you yourself are a boat person and that it was imigrant labour that plumped up australia. Comments like yours make me ashamed to be australian. well done.

oh so your all for the govenerment giving handouts to all the boat people that come into this country illegally that cant even speak english but go oh australia is an easy target because they are soft! they get looked after more then its own nation.. excuse me for not been so caring about it.... I couldnt care less if your ashamed to be australian if you are you know where to go!!! I'm not ashamed to be australian at all i just dont give a rats *kitten* about all the crap that's coming into this country on a free handout

oh and btw hunny my family has been here over 200 years ....
  • RubyRubixcube
    Options
    did they come here on a boat? I dont really care if you're family has been here a week or arrived on a boat in handcuffs.

Look being an asylum seeker is not an easy nor enjoyable process. And incase you DIDN"T know there are more New Zealanders and backpackers in australia over staying their visa's illegally than there are "boat people" australia is also not the only country in the world to have asylum seekers believe it or not.

I'm not all for hand outs for ANYONE... certainly not the millions of unemployed australians sitting on their *kitten* letting jobs go to foriegn workers... but I guess that doesn't bother you because those people look the same as you in the shopping centre.

You talk about australia being an easy target, I feel sorry for the people legitimately fleeing war torn areas being targeted by people like you just cause they are easy to spot.

Yeah yeah I know I know not all of them are here to escape they're children being murdered or raped, or their wives and husbands being shot at or bombed in their own homes. But hey, australia is a f***ing good place to live, so would you chose to be here or be poor?

NO ONE has right to claim a country or deprive someone else of priviliges because "they have a rag on their head" or "they're only here to take our jobs" its not country for country... we are ONE WORLD. ONE POPULATION. when **** goes down in their country,who sends money and aid to fix their problems?
  • wazzanz
    Options
    Heck what staretd as a bit of aussy/ kiwi banter got out of hand there...:ohwell:

BTW kiwi's don't need visa's for aussy so not sure how they overstay.

One of the great things about Aussy is it's low number of people. Nice to help out less fortunate people from around the world (including us Kiwis) but need to limit it somewhere.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    I love Aussie too! Studied there for a year and plan on moving there soon too, 1/2 my family live there too and they've never been happier so I can't wait to join them.
    God Bless Australia :love:
  • RubyRubixcube
    Options
    I retract my kiwi statement in that case. I was told that New Zealanders also had to have a working visa to come over here (think one of the scaffolders from my work mentioned it)

To give the backpacker overstayers a bit more of a reality in 2009-2010 there were 15,800 visa overstayers in australia, compared to the 6,850 boat people (90% of whom were found to be geniune refugees)
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    did they come here on a boat? I dont really care if you're family has been here a week or arrived on a boat in handcuffs.

Look being an asylum seeker is not an easy nor enjoyable process. And incase you DIDN"T know there are more New Zealanders and backpackers in australia over staying their visa's illegally than there are "boat people" australia is also not the only country in the world to have asylum seekers believe it or not.

I'm not all for hand outs for ANYONE... certainly not the millions of unemployed australians sitting on their *kitten* letting jobs go to foriegn workers... but I guess that doesn't bother you because those people look the same as you in the shopping centre.

You talk about australia being an easy target, I feel sorry for the people legitimately fleeing war torn areas being targeted by people like you just cause they are easy to spot.

Yeah yeah I know I know not all of them are here to escape they're children being murdered or raped, or their wives and husbands being shot at or bombed in their own homes. But hey, australia is a f***ing good place to live, so would you chose to be here or be poor?

NO ONE has right to claim a country or deprive someone else of priviliges because "they have a rag on their head" or "they're only here to take our jobs" its not country for country... we are ONE WORLD. ONE POPULATION. when **** goes down in their country,who sends money and aid to fix their problems?

Beautiful, especially that last thing you said since I'm a Palestinian and Australia has opened its arms to many of us when our own Arab countries threw us in refugee camps when our homeland was stolen...
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I had so much fun when I went and had a holiday in April there.
  • wazzanz
    Options
    I retract my kiwi statement in that case. I was told that New Zealanders also had to have a working visa to come over here (think one of the scaffolders from my work mentioned it)

To give the backpacker overstayers a bit more of a reality in 2009-2010 there were 15,800 visa overstayers in australia, compared to the 6,850 boat people (90% of whom were found to be geniune refugees)

Only kiwi's who had done time need a visa.... keeping good company :)

What about the Aussy's that are overstaying in the UK?
  • RubyRubixcube
    Options
    Only kiwi's who had done time need a visa.... keeping good company :)

What about the Aussy's that are overstaying in the UK?
    [/quote]

Well knowing the kiwi's I have met that would explain the visa :P

Aussies over staying in the UK? well from what I've heard the weathers terrible compared to here so they are probably nuts... :P jks I could try and find you some figures on that if you'd like.

I am at work at the moment, so will have to look into it more but I did find this;

"One immigration campaigning group recently claimed that there are more than one million illegal immigrants in the UK and that the number of visa over-stayers is increasing by at least 60,000 per year. (However, these figures come from a group which takes a generally anti-immigration stance.) According to investigative news reports, some 90% of asylum seekers remain in the UK even if their applications for asylum are initially rejected. With the number of asylum-seekers in the UK ranging from 30,000 to 60,000 per year this could represent a substantial proportion of the campaign group’s “visa” over-stayers"
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I lived in Sydney for 2 years. It took me a little bit to get used to my friends calling me the c-word. :)
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am Australian. I love being an Aussie. Most people I know are pretty awesome lol.

I think we are a lucky country.
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I will hold back any Kiwi's are cooler comments! ;-)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Not an Australian yet but will be one soonish! Love being a part of such an amazing country - of course sans bogans and racists but you can't get everything you want ;)
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options

^^^ could not have said it beter myself :happy: