the effects of mixing ingredients on nutritional statistics

Options
Hello, can someone educate me on whether recipes are (roughly) additive in terms of calories, fat, protein, etc? For example, I made the equivalent of 25 cups of sauce last night, and I recorded it's nutritional content simply by entering into the system everything that I put into the sauce--which, in effect, is the same thing as literally adding up all the calories, proteins, fiber, carbs (etc) together to get a total, and then dividing that by 25 to get per-cup nutrion stats. Is this the right way to do it, approximately? I guess I don't have a good sense for whether and how much these things can change when you start mixing them all together and stirring them up...

Replies

• RoAnn
    RoAnn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that is the right way but that is also how I do it.
  • quinnybear
    Options
    thats how i do it. you add up everything that went in to the batch, then divide to get the amount per serving. adding ingredients and stirring them together won't change anything.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    That's how I do it!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    spark people has a nutrition calculator. If you signup with the site (it's free), you'll get access to it

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/
  • ruggierokj
    ruggierokj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you for the helpful comments! A friend commented that there might be some small (not meaningful) effect attributable to cooking due to evaporation of water.