Motivating Friends!!

Options
Hey!

I'm Lexi and I'd love some more friends!! Preferably friends that log in EVERY day. Have open diaries, and don't think they know everything. I don't give a crap if you're a vegetarian, a vegan, eat purely organic, or you think the world will end if you stop eating purple food items, just don't push it on me, because I won't push my knowledge, thoughts or opinions on you :) Annnnnnnd positive people are AWESOME!!!

Please feel free to add me :)

I also feel the need to add that if you're a size 0, weigh 100 pounds and think that you're fat because your boobs aren't as flat as the floor under your feet, please DO NOT add me. I do not support unhealthy habits or eating disorders. I am here because I want to continue changing my life for the better and I'd like friends that are committed to doing similar!

Replies

• chikaygo
    chikaygo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You seem fun and positive. I am logging every day these days because it's the only way i'm going to make any progress. Going to add you, thanks!!!
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    I love energetic people and totally am on board with your views!! Feel free to add me! I am 32 and need to lose over 100 pounds but really love the everyday motivation! I carry my iphone with me everywhere and love seeing the encouragements pop up on my screen when people comment about the advance I've made! Or encouraging those that need it on the blah days!
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options
    I love energetic people and totally am on board with your views!! Feel free to add me! I am 32 and need to lose over 100 pounds but really love the everyday motivation! I carry my iphone with me everywhere and love seeing the encouragements pop up on my screen when people comment about the advance I've made! Or encouraging those that need it on the blah days!

Hey! I have over a 100 pounds to lose as well, but we CAN do it!!! It IS possible :) I sent an add your way!
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options
    Bumpy bumpity bump bump bump
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ladies I too need to lose over 100lbs and I love energetic postive people as well. I do not like closed diaries or people who push their beliefs onto other's. Feel free to add me as well. I log in daily and I also try to get to everyone on my friends list to offer words of encouragment.

Bump
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options
    Hey!

I'm Lexi and I'd love some more friends!! Preferably friends that log in EVERY day. Have open diaries, and don't think they know everything. I don't give a crap if you're a vegetarian, a vegan, eat purely organic, or you think the world will end if you stop eating purple food items, just don't push it on me, because I won't push my knowledge, thoughts or opinions on you :) Annnnnnnd positive people are AWESOME!!!

Please feel free to add me :)

I also feel the need to add that if you're a size 0, weigh 100 pounds and think that you're fat because your boobs aren't as flat as the floor under your feet, please DO NOT add me. I do not support unhealthy habits or eating disorders. I am here because I want to continue changing my life for the better and I'd like friends that are committed to doing similar!

bumping it up :)
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    Sent a request!!
  • riot91
    riot91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love your views! Sent you a request and some others who posted :) I log every day and I'm also looking for some new and supportive friends!
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I look forward to seeing all your updates and progress!!
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options
    Still on a search for like friends!!
  • cherylf145
    Options
    I am very interested! I am getting ready to walk out the door so more later..
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I like having friends that know more than me.
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options
    I like having friends that know more than me.

I think it's totally cool to have friends that are more knowledgeable than myself, as long as they are legitimately educated people. I also don't feel that knowledge should be pushed on someone unless they're specifically asking for it.

My experiences have been more negative I suppose. I am a nutrition and dietetics major, but I don't go around and tell people what my education has taught me. I don't tell people that they're doing something wrong. However, if someone asked me a question, and I was capable of answering it, I'd be more than happy to do so as long as the person knew that I'm not a licensed medical professional yet. I would also hope that the person was smart enough to take my knowledge and do their own homework with what I gave them to go off of. I don't agree with the vegan lifestyle because of what my education has taught me, but I would NEVER put someone down for it or tell them they're wrong for eating that way. Where as, my friends that were vegans have pushed their views and negative comments on me.

I don't like negative people. I don't like people that think they know it all. I don't know everything. Trained medical professionals don't know everything. People that went to school for 20 years don't know everything. Some dude off the street that read an article online, about some research study that took one sentence out of a 100 page summary, to make the information look flawless, and passing it on to other people... is NOT what I want to hear LOL!! Which seems to be a trend on this site!

I was just trying to wrap up all that, into my first post :) without sounding like a witch.
  • cherylf145
    Options
    Back- excited that I already got your friend request. I am so serious about wanting to find a good group that will stick with coming around and posting etc.. and of course postivie is very important!

I love what you said and I agree.. I even went to my profile and set my information so it is public.. that is how serious I am..lol

They request that people don't group here.. but move to an actual group.. are you going to set one up?
  • epcot6
    Options
    Still on a search for like friends!!

Sent a friend request. If anyone else wants to add me feel free. I log in every day and my diet/exercise logs are openly available for all friends to see. I have some real good days, and also some real bad days. I'm not perfect, don't pretend to be, and I certainly don't pretend to know everything because if I did, I wouldn't be on this site.