Curbing hunger HELP!

Options
Hi everyone! I joined MFP last year with friends, but fell off the wagon. Well, now I'm back and determined to lose some weight and get healthy.

The problem is that I'm ALWAYS hungry. Especially in the morning. It doesn't matter if I eat breakfast or not, around 10 a.m. I'm starving. I try to eat healthy food like fruit and veggies for a snack, but sometimes it's just not enough.

Does anyone have any tips for breakfasts or mid-morning snacks that will help curb that obnoxious hunger?

Thanks!

Replies

• tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm not sure what you're eating for breakfast, but try drinking more water and eating foods high in protein. That's what works best for me. =)
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm not sure what you're eating for breakfast, but try drinking more water and eating foods high in protein. That's what works best for me. =)

Thanks! I bought a package of Jimmy Dean Delights (turkey sausage on a croissant), so I'm eating those now. They're 290 cals and taste pretty good, though I'm sure they're not the healthiest thing to eat. For me, some breakfasts fill me up for hours one day and then I'll have the same thing another day and I'm starving 20-30 mins later. It's so frustrating!

For my mid-morning snack I scarfed down some strawberries and grape tomatoes. I'm still hungry, but at least it's almost lunch time...
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Protein really does help with the hunger.
  • drailine
    drailine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate it, I found that if I eat oatmeal in the morning for breakfast, I feel full longer. I also keep a bottle of water close by and take a drink when I start to feel hungry. If I still feel hungy 10-15 minutes after I've had some water, then I'll go ahead and eat something.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal sometimes keeps me full and sometimes doesn't. It's so odd! But the water trick is good. I need to start drinking more water anyway. Protein, too.
  • KaityMarie379
    KaityMarie379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A good way to make your oats taste better is to add a *dash* of salt and a bit of brown sugar then cut up a banana into it. I LOVE doing this. In fact, I'm hungry now. Time for some oatmeal!