NSV at the Doctor's Office

Options
Today I had a great non-scale victory at the doctor's office, and one I didn't expect!

OK, so I went to the doctor today for a checkup, and while I have lost weight (I've lost nearly 60 lbs since Feb), I didn't mention it and neither did she. However, she listened to my heart, and then she said to me: "have you been doing some exercise?"

Me: "Yes, I joined a gym in June and have been working out most days since then."

Dr: "I can tell. Your heart sounds slow, strong, and athletic."

WOW. NEVER in my life has anyone used the word "athletic" to describe me in any way! It was awesome!

I'm posting this to inspire anyone who is working out and doesn't know why. It's not just about what we see--it's helping our insides! For the record, I weigh 268 lbs today. I'm still officially morbidly obese, but my blood pressure is 112/78 and my heart has definitely benefited from consistent exercise in just a 3 month period! :)

Replies

• nannabannana
    Options
    THE BEST NSV is the Drs reports! My bloodwork , b/p, and Rx med have been reduced since losing so much.

CONGRATULATIONS and keep on keeping on! Read my profile pic....it says it all!

:wink: :happy: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is a tremendous NSV! To have a doctor comment positively must have
    been such a wonderful feeling. Congratulations. :heart:
  • scrdofbugs
    scrdofbugs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is wonderful news!!
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!!! Keep on working out! We're all benefiting from our efforts! :)
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    Rock on, this is way cool!
    Bless your heart. Literally!!

One little NSV
    Two little NSVs
    Three little NSVs...........FITNESS!!!! GOAL!!! SUCCESS!!!

All the best
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, keep it up
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! Congrats. That is something to be very proud of!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I always get disappointed if a Dr doesn't acknowledge that I've lost weight. They sure do say something when I gain!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    SUPER!!! YAY!! ((HAPPY DANCE))
  • Glo_8714
    Glo_8714 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome work!! Keep up the good work! This opened my eyes a bit..i see now I'm not only working on my stomach, I'm eating healthier and exercising for the inside too! Thanks for this post! :wink:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome!

Blood work, blood pressure, and heart rate improvements are the best NSV because, while getting into a new pair of jeans is wonderful, knowing you're HEALTHY is the greatest reward. I was ecstatic when my blood pressure and resting heart rate came down.

Keep it up! :)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your strong athletic heart! :flowerforyou:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    That is a REALLY cool NSV. I like it.
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is just flat out awesome! Way to go!
  • BarbBlue
    Options
    That IS awesome!
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Goes to show hard work does indeed pay off!!
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome work!! Keep up the good work! This opened my eyes a bit..i see now I'm not only working on my stomach, I'm eating healthier and exercising for the inside too! Thanks for this post! :wink:

Thanks! That why I posted--it really opened up my eyes, too, because I'm usually so fixated on getting into the clothing size I want to be :)

Thank you again, everyone!
  • hkclaire
    Options
    What a great NSV!
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful, I can only imagine how you must have felt. Thank you for posting this it gave me a really big smile!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!