pros and cons of the eat clean diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm always a strong advocate for rinsing your fruits and vegetables before eating them.

But it's so hard....

Think the government will do it for me?

They should. I mean, can we really be expected to have to wash our own food? Next, they'll be telling us they're not putting nutrition info on restaurant menus!!! After that, it's all downhill. I'll have to start brushing my own teeth all by myself.

Please tell me I'm not going to have to start wiping my own *kitten*. That would be teh suck.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm always a strong advocate for rinsing your fruits and vegetables before eating them.

But it's so hard....

Think the government will do it for me?

They should. I mean, can we really be expected to have to wash our own food? Next, they'll be telling us they're not putting nutrition info on restaurant menus!!! After that, it's all downhill. I'll have to start brushing my own teeth all by myself.

What would Michele O. say about this? Isn't she all for telling you what to eat?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I like to practice the 5 second rule.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I follow a clean eating way of life... about 80/20, while drinking Shakeology for one meal. I feel great. Very little processed food. And I am losing weight just the same.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I don't find eating clean to be very expensive. I buy organic produce and shop from the bins for legumes and grains.

You don't have to buy organic to be successful with your weight loss.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The con is the smugness that seems infect people who adapt this diet.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I love the eat clean diet... and I try to eat clean for the most part but going all organic is not really what is about, its more about eating things that grow in the ground or come from an animal... unprocessed junk food is obviously not a included in that and that I think that is the whole "eating clean" idea!

This ^
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    For me there is no 'con'. It is ALL 'pro'- feel healthier, stronger, not hungry. It's cheaper, easier, tastes better.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I do it too. I love how I feel. More energy, good sleep, I don't need coffee anymore to "wake up." My hair and nails look better. I don't do it for weight though, I do it because I have kids and I don't want them eating chemical garbage so I don't even buy it. I had one cold in a year (prior to clean eating I was sick every month.) I also like to support organic companies. No GMOs. Win for us all around. Slightly higher prices but it evens out with never having any doctor appointments. ;)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Eating clean does not necessarily mean eating organic... There is A LOT of junk out there labeled organic!

Eating clean means getting as close to nature as you can get... Also making sure to balance macronutrients - which makes sense it would be the healthiest for your body.

The only "con" I see, is that you have to eat a lot more food to meet your calorie requirements, because this food of course has less calories than the processed stuff. lol.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I buy from local farmers that I know don't use chemical pesticides. Freeze them in steamer bags for easy cooking. I think it's actually cheaper. I don't buy a lot of store "organic" items, they are too expensive.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

The only "con" I see is that you have to eat a lot more food to meet you calorie requirements, because this food of course has less calories than the processed stuff. lol.

I agree! On days I'm trying to 'eat clean' I have a lard time meeting macros just because I'm so full
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    The con is the smugness that seems infect people who adapt this diet.

X.xhehe
  • meeper123
    Options
    Eating clean does not necessarily mean eating organic... There is A LOT of junk out there labeled organic!

Eating clean means getting as close to nature as you can get... Also making sure to balance macronutrients - which makes sense it would be the healthiest for your body.

The only "con" I see, is that you have to eat a lot more food to meet your calorie requirements, because this food of course has less calories than the processed stuff. lol.

I have trouble doing that now too X.X
  • meeper123
    Options
    For me there is no 'con'. It is ALL 'pro'- feel healthier, stronger, not hungry. It's cheaper, easier, tastes better.

I bet it does I will go shopping tomorrow
  • njhotsauce79
    Options
    I think everyone here already covered it. Eating clean doesn't mean going organic... I'll say what everyone else has said, it is about eating whole foods... think what would people eat 100 years ago. No processed foods at all. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs, legumes, etc... If you must eat bread, make it like ezequiel bread (sp), or at least whole grain bread/pasta.