What's some of you're home exercise equipment?

Options
What are some home exercise equipment you have that you swear by? like medicine balls, kettlebells, swiss ball.
I want some simple exercise equipment for home use when i don't go to the gym..
So throw some ideas at me. =)

my goals are to lose weight and to get toned up..

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    What are some home exercise equipment you have that you swear by? like medicine balls, kettlebells, swiss ball.
    I want some simple exercise equipment for home use when i don't go to the gym..
    So throw some ideas at me. =)

my goals are to lose weight and to get toned up..

have a tredmill a punching bag a medicine ball lots of weights a weight bench another weight bench.. basket balls, cow bells, steppers, jump rope, and here very soon a stationary bike :)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    barbell, plates, rack, and bench
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have exercise bands and a yoga mat. I can do almost anything with those. I can't afford a gym. I've studied and taught myself proper form and techniques. Beyond that a few ab and core exercises and some stretching are all that's needed.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    barbell, plates, rack, and bench

^^^^ these, and an elliptical, rowing machine and trainer for my bike in the off season.
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I turned a spare bedroom into my 'gym' with a treadmill, elliptical, ab lounger that I use almost daily. I also have the bands, very pretty to look at, and some other weights with a nice little support bench that the cats love to sit on.... those not used much at all. One of my goals for this winter... add a weight routine.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    DBs 10-15-20-30-35lbs!! and a little bit of space...xx
  • Cae_Troi
    Cae_Troi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, stationary bike, a wii, yoga mat with a whole routine with it, exercise ball, and some hand weights.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have a treadclimber, elliptical, and some weights. I did have a treadmill but it broke and so I replaced it with the elliptical. My treadclimber was in storage for a year due to a deployment. So glad to have it back!
  • megellan
    Options
    Soloflex (with leg and butterfly extensions). Bought used. Lightweight and space efficient but gives a full workout.
  • DietCuki
    DietCuki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yoga mat, a ball (like for abs workout), a dumbbell and space to do stuff from my wii like wii fit and just dance.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, recumbent stationary bike, yoga mat, exercise balls, stretching ropes and blocks, tons of DVD's, and hand weights of varing poundage.

I was fortunate enough to have the two cardio pieces one given to me for free and one for a small price.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, recumbent bike. I also have hand weights, kettle bell, and resistance bands. I have dvds galore also….you name it I got it….never get bored! Wii fit too with step. Oh hubby made me a wooden step to do with my step dvd. I have the ab lounger xl too but don't use it a lot.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, elliptical, rip cords, free weights, push-up bars, xbox (I stream Insanity/P90X, etc. through it), jump rope, exercise mat, exercise ball, bender ball (waste of money), stepper, bike, trainer for bike, and bands from physical therapy... they're pretty neat!
  • jmbuche91
    Options
    I found a pin on pinterest that basically tells you all you need to have a complete home gym.

1.TRX Suspension Trainer: This allows you to do thousands of exercises using your body weight and you can anchor it to a door at home. You can check out my review of my favorite TRX class here.
    2.Bosu Ball stand on it while doing shoulder presses, curls or squats to get an added core bonus or use it for some killer crunches.
    3.Kettelbell or Kettelbell Set: This is one of the best pieces of fitness equipment out there! You’ll get a cardio burn (up to 20 calories per minute!) plus strengthen and tone every muscle in your body. But make sure you learn how to use it with proper form first so you don’t get injured!
    4.Dumbbells: It always great to have a few sets of dumbbells at home. I like these since the vinyl covering will help protect your floor from scratches.
    5.Jumprope: 10 calories per minute…simple, easy, effective cardio in a hurry!
    6.Bodylastics Resistance Bands: These are a great compliment or alternative to dumbbells and I love this Bodylastics set since it has many different levels of resistance. In fact, you can even stack a few together to really feel the burn! Plus it comes with door anchor attachments and the bands are super strong so you don’t have to worry about them breaking.
    7.Stability ball: Perfect for core work, sit on it for shoulder presses, lay down for chest work, prop your feet on it for pushups or use it against the wall for squats. It’s an inexpensive accessory that will really amp up your workouts!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Barbell, plates, bench, homemade rack, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine ball, resistance band, pull up bar, swiss ball, yoga mat, stationary bike, elliptical (got from SIL).
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    You can start with dumbell handles & plates (4x2.5, 4x5, 4x10), and add more plates as you go. That can last you a couple of months.

I have those, some more plates, a BB bar, a yoga mat, & a swiss ball. I use a chair for some things.

From next week I'll have outgrown them, though, and will need a bench & squat rack.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells from 5 to 60 lbs. pull up bar, bands, 4 medicine balls, stability ball, push up thingys, foam roller, yoga mat, and yoga block.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My own body and a video player. Maybe add a mat.
  • nikkimiz
    Options
    I agree a TRX system is fantastic, you have do anything with your own body weight. Legs, arms, abs and its takes up no room at all you hand from a door frame and you are good to go and does not cost a fortune.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just a kettlebell for me - cardio and weights all in one.