Any military spouses here?!

Options
Hey everyone! Im a 24 y/o military spouse. Looking for any other military spouses, especially any with deployed spouses, to help me keep motivated!!

:smile:

Replies

• CassieLyle
    Options
    im a former military spouse.. My ex husband did 6 yrs in the USMC.. we divorced after he got out..
  • CeeTooFatt
    Options
    Yes I'm here, my husband is in the Navy and just left on his first deployment July18 of this year. I'm 22 years old. We have three kids, 5, 2 and 1 years old. My husband actually showed this site to me and we are working together. His return will be all that much better by doing this I think lol, thats my motivation, I want to take his breath away when he sees me. Plus with three kids and the stress of his deployment, by exercising and eating right I feel soooo much better and I have more energy for the kids...granted I've only been on a couple days so far.
  • brengearhart
    brengearhart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a current Army Spouse, my hubby just got back from a deployment. I spent the year he was gone working on my weight, lost 75 pounds. Still got some more to go.. but I found its harder after they get back, because they eat the same way as before they left, those of us trying to live healthier, don't eat the same. I'm here if ya need to talk or just to keep the motivation going.
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Air Force wife for 11 years! We're stationed at Barksdale AFB, LA! Luckily we haven't been through a deployment in a while!
  • NikkiCastagneto
    Options
    I am a new Air Force wife. My husband was deployed last year (while we were still engaged) for about 7 months total. Add me if you want :)
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 24, Marine Spouse here. Love having other military spouses. My husband is currently home, but been thro Iraq when i was preggo in 2008 and Japan from 2011 until 2012.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    There's actually a group on here for spouses. They allow spouses and partners (girlfriends, fiances) of active duty, reserves, as well as veterans. Nice group of people. I think it comes up if you do a search for Military Wives. :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Navy wife here - been through 3 deployments so far :flowerforyou:
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    NOt a wife, but in the Army (does that count)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    .. but I found its harder after they get back, because they eat the same way as before they left, those of us trying to live healthier, don't eat the same.

If THAT's not the truth, I don't know what is! Not only do they eat the same way before they left, but they eat the same way when they get out for good too. Unless you're cooking the meals together or by yourself, there's no guarantee that you're going to be eating anything healthy. ;)

Feel free to add. I'm the wife of a veteran and am always looking for new friends who "get" the whole military thing. :)
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am in the Navy and my fiance is also in the navy stationed in Bahrain finishing up a year there. Adding :)
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My husband's retired Navy... we did 22 years. I know I'm quite a bit older than you, but I know what you're going thru. Add me if you want, but if you don't, that's ok too. :smile:
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes! I'm 26, 2 kids, and husband is deployed (again, lol).
  • tmj2191
    tmj2191 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hello, military spouse here. Wife is stationed at one of the carriers here in Norfolk, so I know how staying motivating can be especially with having children. Would love to help motivate where I can. Feel free to add!
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend of 5 years =) is Retired Airforce. We are 36 & 35. My brother in law just left for Afghanistan (army chinook). we have a few military in our family.

Feel free to add me. =)
    (women only please)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    .. but I found its harder after they get back, because they eat the same way as before they left, those of us trying to live healthier, don't eat the same.

If THAT's not the truth, I don't know what is! Not only do they eat the same way before they left, but they eat the same way when they get out for good too. Unless you're cooking the meals together or by yourself, there's no guarantee that you're going to be eating anything healthy. ;)

Feel free to add. I'm the wife of a veteran and am always looking for new friends who "get" the whole military thing. :)

Mine doesn't cook, and pretty much eats what I tell him to (and eats peanut butter straight from the jar when I'm not looking, it's okay though, he has his own jar). I always figured it was because he was accustomed to eating what he's given--maybe I just got lucky.
  • CraftingAblaze
    CraftingAblaze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you!!
  • dannilose35
    Options
    Oh so glad i found this here...I've been on MFP for a lil less than a year. I am a Navy Wife and my hubby of 7yrs. has been deployed (1st real deply- he's a reservist) since June 2012 to Bahrain. We have 2 lil boys, 6 & 3, and I am going thru HELL. I feel like we are Legally Seperated with a possibility of Divorce. He is inconcistent with communications and that has my mind wandering crazy thoughts. My b'day was last weekend and he sent NOTHING. My heart is broken, but I try to stay strong for my boys. I feel so diconnected from him emotionally and physically of course. I really need som encouragement b/c I'm loosing faith in our marriage by the day....please talk me down from this "cliff"
  • albhed1039
    Options
    My husband is air force, and we are in okinawa. Just joined MFPlast week, got the ok to start working out after having my son :)
    No deployments yet, possibly next year he willl volenteer for one If he does not get one.

Nice to meet you all
  • Cronen_S
    Options
    Hey...Army wife here of almost 5 yrs. Hubs isn't deployed at the moment. We are stationed in Hawaii. Feel free to add me!

I do find I can lose weight so much easier when he's deployed and when he gets back all he wants to do is eat....and so I eat with him and gain...and he doesn't!