Green Smoothies

Options
I'm on a huge smoothie kick. I really want to try to make a green smoothie with baby spinach and was wondering if anybody has any yummy recipes. I have bananas, different berries, frozen pineapples, green apples, and plain greek yogurt on hand in my frig, but I can pick up so more items. Any ideas?

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    put it all in.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I switch between a base of spinach or kale to switch up the nutrients, then I throw in 2-3 of whatever fruit I have on hand. It ALL tastes good! For example, one evening the fruit with the least shelf time left were bananas and cantaloupe. Would you believe it ended up tasting like an orange cream drink?
  • Lizisgonnalose
    Lizisgonnalose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I will try it in the morning... I was worried it would taste funny. I haven't thought of Kale I'll try that too.
  • orapronobis
    Options
    You will be very pleased with the bump that kale gives to you in your nutrients.
  • nsmoker24
    nsmoker24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite! I also add in a little peanut butter if I dont have the walnuts and I also add a little flaxseed! But seriously so yummy!!

http://www.fullmeasureofhappiness.com/2012/05/03/banana-bread-green-monster/
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    2 cups baby spinach, 1 cup almond milk, one banana, 1/4 cup oatmeal,1 tbs almond butter, handful of frozen mango. I drank it for about 6 months in a row before I got tired of it! It is delicious!
  • abdavison1
    Options
    I love green smoothies! I usually will add baby spinach, banana, and some no sugar added frozen fruit (raspberries, or 3 berry blend) or pineapple, mango, strawberry combo. It is awesome! Sometimes I don't put the frozen fruit and just add 1 tbsp. peanut butter. Super yummy! Be careful with the kale if you aren't used to eating it as it can be strong. I don't personally add yougurt or milk because it doesn't set well on my stomach with the spinach.
  • glennda2012
    Options
    Mine was usually, spinach, banana, mixed berries, almond butter, honey, yogurt, water. It would depend though sometimes and apple or kale or always delicious.

Bought carrots, need to juice and drink them.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    1 banana, 1 apple, 1 pear, big old dump of frozen spinach
    Nom nom nom nom nom
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Love Green Smoothies!

Great to switch up the greens for mixing up the nutrients...

my fave go to:

spinach
    arugula
    cilantro
    banana
    pear
    apple
    slice of ginger
    sliver of jalapeno
    water or almond milk (or whatever milk you like)

oh so yummy. in the summer I add ice to the mix to make it nice and cold... in the winter I let it blend a little longer for a bit of a warm version.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump cause I keep meaning to try making some green smoothies, and I need recipe ideas!
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Tropical Smoothie

Spinach
    1/2 Frozen Banana
    1 Cup Frozen Tropical Fruit Mix (Pineapple, Mango, Strawberries)
    Protein Powder or Greek Yogurt
    Water or Coconut Milk or other type of milk to mix if it gets too thick or if I use protein powder
    Splash of OJ or Lime Juice (Optional)
    Mix Well
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Spinach doesn't really add any flavour at all when it's combined with fruit so it's easy to put it in to any smoothie! Kale tastes a bit more "green" but you'll get used to that after a while, too.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    With fall fast approaching, try pumpkin!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I use alomnd milk with a scoop of Clearvite vitamin powder. I add the banana, strawberries and Kale to mine. Switch up the fruits sometimes with frozen peach, mango or blackberries.
  • orapronobis
    Options
    I should have mentioned that I make my smoothies with milk, instead of yogurt. Not sure what the "tang" of yogurt would do in my recipes.