Not Worth It

Options
Ladies and gentlemen, you can all thank me, or throw cash, or whatever! I took one for the team.
I was in Target and saw the Limited Edition Candy Corn Oreos and bought them. Today, I ate two -- just to see if it was worth the hype -- and found that it really wasn't. They remind me of the Birthday Cake Oreos, kind of sweeter than the regular ones, and just OK. Was it worth going over my calories a little bit today? Strangely, yes! Because now I can send them into school with my high school daughter to share with her table at lunch, or give to fellow castmates after school at play practice (teenage boys will eat anything and they're growing so fast it won't even make a dent.) I won't miss them and I won't obsess about them.
Sometimes it's good to indulge to remind us that the things we think we're missing, we're not really missing after all. It protects us from the mindless binges and makes this whole thing something we can live with on a day-to-day (every day) basis!

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Like this!!!
  • perpetual98
    Options
    Thank you for your sacrifice!

Personally, I think candy corn is right up there with Circus Peanuts as the grossest candy ever invented. :-)
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yep, well I normally find ways to sneak in my favorites or treats into my diet.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Super! Perfect NSV. Hurrahs for you! Pat yourself on the back for your success today!
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ha! My neice went looking for them today- just because they are funny. There's also a candy corn M&M that is supposed to be just as bad if not worse than the Oreos!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while is perfectly fine to indulge :) no one ever got fat from one bad meal, and no one ever got lean from one good meal :) its what you do the MAJORITY of the time
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    If I'm craving it..or wanting, I'll get it. Just won't go overboard. My weakness is candy....jelly beans and candycorn are my main weakness. I LOVE candy corn. I refuse to give up my favorite foods...I just eat in moderation..and just as a treat.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I was wondering about those things and thought to myself that I bet it's not worth it. I find that it is often the case that eating a certain food is just not worth it. It rarely lives up to my expectations or memories. I do still eat sweets but I try to make them really worth it. Nice dark chocolate, good ice cream, or homemade cookies (the remainder of which I had to take to work to get rid of!)!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving it..or wanting, I'll get it. Just won't go overboard. My weakness is candy....jelly beans and candycorn are my main weakness. I LOVE candy corn. I refuse to give up my favorite foods...I just eat in moderation..and just as a treat.
    That's funny, I've always disliked candy corn and those marshmallow peeps, but if it has chocolate and peanut butter I'm all about it haha
  • juliebeesd
    Options
    LOL Thank you!

I have been wondering if they might be worth it... I love candy corn.
  • Anno_Domini
    Options
    Can you send me a couple so I don't have to buy a full bag? Because despite this post, despite the fact that I don't even really like Oreos, despite the fact that they look nauseatingly sweet, something in me still wants to try them. Hello food issues - sigh.

Candy corn and its cousin Indian corn are my biggest food weakness. I polished off a whole bag of Autumn Mix last month before starting to use MFP :blushing:
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    'Don't get me wrong. I do indulge and work the calories into my day. Now I know, though, that I don't need to use my calories for this particular treat. (Now, when it comes to some other treats....watch out!! LOL!)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    CANDY CORN OREOS!?!? I want!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Personally, I think candy corn is right up there with Circus Peanuts as the grossest candy ever invented. :-)

and Peeps.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    ha! My neice went looking for them today- just because they are funny. There's also a candy corn M&M that is supposed to be just as bad if not worse than the Oreos!

I just bought the candy corn M&M's for my candy dish...they only reason why they are called "candy corn" is the outside coloring which is yellow, orange and white. They are actually just white chocolate M&M's....I don't care for them but someone who likes white chocolate might......I like keeping candy I don't like in the dish....so I don't eat it!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I've always disliked candy corn and those marshmallow peeps, but if it has chocolate and peanut butter I'm all about it haha

We'd be dangerous together.
  • runningfromzombies
    Options

Ugh. Seconded! And to think I really liked Circus Peanuts as a kid...what was wrong with me?! :laugh:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

^^I love Candy Corn! I hate that they put Halloween candy at the grocery store entrance in September! I use the other entrance now!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I was never tempted - I hate candy corn.

But if they ever come up with a Rocky Road Oreo or a Cheescake Oreo I am totally Effed.