POWER 90 PEOPLE!!!

Options
HEY GUYS IF YOU DO POWER 90 THEN MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME OUT. ABOUT HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU BURN WHEN DOING THE WORKOUTS? I WANT TO LOG THEM IN MY EXERCISE BUT I AM HAVING TROUBLE FIGURING WHAT I COULD PUT DOWN FOR MY WORKOUTS. I HAVE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE FOR THIS BUT STILL HAVE NOT FOUND ANY ANSWERS SO I WAS HOPING SOME OF YOU OUT THERE WOULD BE AWESOME AND KNOW THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION!

Replies

• marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hey :)
    I searched that very question and I found that on their website, it says you burn approximately 400 cals per main workout but you can much more, that's just an estimate. If you want an accurate reading, it's best to get a heart rate monitor :)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    It will vary per person. The best way to figure it out is to buy a HRM. Hey since you are AF like me, I got mine from the BX for $90 and its awesome. Its a polar rs100. Make sure you have one with a chest strap for more accurate measurements.

When I do p90x, I vary between 350-650 calories burned...it just depends

Hope this helps
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For everyone it'll probably be different. I use a HRM to get an accurate tracking, but I'm a 160 lbs/30 yr old/5'7" male w/ probably 22% body fat (I haven't checked body fat%) who only started consistently working out in january.

Here are my most recent stats for calorie loss on Power 90:

Sculpt 1-2, 35 minutes, 305 cals burned
    Sweat 1-2 + Ab Ripper, 45 minutes, 438 cals burned

My previous sessions were 300 cals for sculpt, 400 cals for sweat, respectively, so I'm noticing that as I'm progressing I'm putting more *umph* in it.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Just to confirm you are doing P90 and not P90X correct? If so then:

Last week when I did P90 sweat 3-4 I burned 339 calories. When I do P90 sculpt 3-4 I usually burn between 250 - 300. This is not including Ab ripper 100 or 200.

I am 5'5" and weigh 140 and those are my numbers. Every day it varies but I would say 300 calories is a safe bet. I have been doing this program off and on for years and it is great if you stick with it. I am sure I don't have to tell you this but remember the guys always seem burn more calories during similar workouts than us ladies.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the good info. I am using the Power 90 at first. I will try to figure out how much of burn. What heart rate monitor is best? I have a watch but is the chest strape better? How do I figure out how many caloires I burn? I am 25, I weigh 144 and I dont know how much my body fat percentage is... ugh! But I am seeing that everyone burns some where in the middle of like 350-400?
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    The chest strap is better because it is more accurate
  • ianmccarthy
    ianmccarthy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I do Sweat 3-4 of Power 90 my HRM tells me I burn around 600 calories. I have the Polar FT4 which is a very reputable HRM with a chest strap. It was 100 dollars.

Does that sound like it's a bit high of a reading compared to other people?
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    When I do Sweat 3-4 of Power 90 my HRM tells me I burn around 600 calories. I have the Polar FT4 which is a very reputable HRM with a chest strap. It was 100 dollars.

Does that sound like it's a bit high of a reading compared to other people?

Not sure about your height and weight but I can definitely see that. And I have been a user of P90 for 12 plus years. Always my go to program. Like it better than P90X (which I have completed as well). Stick with it and you will see results.

Lots of haters out there, so NO I am not a coach. :smile:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I use this website: http://p90xcalories.com/

I don't have a HRM so it's the best I can do. It's also nice since you put in weight and perceived intensity level.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see you are doing just P90, not X. I guess this doesn't help you then. :\