Jogging NSV

Options
gspea
gspea Posts: 412 Member
I have to share this - took a LONG walk tonite - And yes I JOGGED for almost a HALF MILE. It was a overweight person's jog but I jogged... The urge just came upon me and I did it. Will see in the morning if the knees hate me... did a 4.45mile walk tonite. Man it feels good...

Never had jogged before - well except in junior high and only because the PE teacher made us... Awesome!!!!

:drinker: :laugh:

Replies

• melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome! I get shin splints when I run or jog, so I hope you don't get them. :)
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :drinker: It is an amazing feeling. Keep at it!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Go you!!!!! :)
  • terbee
    Options
    that's a great walk, and a terrific jog!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Just the fact that you "wanted" to do it is a major accomplishment. That on top of 1/2 mile on your 1st attempt - AWESOME. Yay for you!!! CHeck into the C25K program. You'll probably like it. I'm in week 6 and I love it.

@ Melodiclyrics - stretch, stretch, and then stretch some more, before & after
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you're on your way to C25K and its a great place to go
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    That's pretty much what I did when I started running and then I would just keep trying to get a little farther, run a little longer. Yesterday, I ran a little over 9 miles...yeah, NINE MILES without stopping! I wouldn't have even dreamed of that a year and a half ago.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great job, keep it up
  • eku_chica
    eku_chica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Marathon runners just don't wake up one morning and say, "I think I'm gonna run 26.2 miles today!" They all started out just where you are. Keep going, you never know where you may end up! :)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is so great, be careful and take care of those knees.
  • mrsdarty
    mrsdarty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done, careful you get addicted :) well I have anyway..
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I did when I started running and then I would just keep trying to get a little farther, run a little longer. Yesterday, I ran a little over 9 miles...yeah, NINE MILES without stopping! I wouldn't have even dreamed of that a year and a half ago.

EzrisMommy,

That IS great. I am waiting for my back muscle catch to heal, so that I get started on running. Haven't run in 20+ years. Maybe I could do the 9 mile in 1-1/2 years, huh??
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You go girl! I know lots of times lately when I am walking my brain gets this urge to run (too weird or me I know) but I still think I am too heavy still to try it. Maybe one day I will just give in and do it just to see if I can!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!