Need Help

Options
Hey guys
I'm trying to lose 30lbs by december and I have been working out for about 3.5 weeks. I am sticking to my calorie count pretty well...maybe I'll go over a little over. I've heavily decreased fried foods and sweets...but I still eat them from time to time.

Any advice to jumpstart this weightloss...?

I should also add that someone commented that they said I was losing weight but I can't see it!

Replies

• Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You will be asked to open your food diary :o)
  • iSpeakLife
    iSpeakLife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it's open!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Stay within you calorie limits. Eat less and exercise more. Can't really give you more specifics because your profile and diary are closed.
  • iSpeakLife
    Options
    I guess I kinda answered my own question....maybe i should stop treating myself with food, lol
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    it's open!

It's still closed
  • iSpeakLife
    Options
    oh sorry, try one more time! I think i got it lol
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey guys
    I'm trying to lose 30lbs by december and I have been working out for about 3.5 weeks. I am sticking to my calorie count pretty well...maybe I'll go over a little over. I've heavily decreased fried foods and sweets...but I still eat them from time to time.

Any advice to jumpstart this weightloss...?

I should also add that someone commented that they said I was losing weight but I can't see it!

my advice and been honest I dont want to sound mean or anything not my intention and its great you've cut back but if you want results your going to have to eat clean and cut your junk out... and you will see results.. :) goodluck with it... it wont hurt to have a treat everyonce in awhile but thats like once every so many weeks .. try not to keep crap in the house either once your past the craving stage its really easy and you'll find yourself enjoying healthy foods and wont want to eat crap
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    cut out the junk, try more veggies, less starchy bready things (kill the ramen.....there is nothing good in it...nothing) lol

If you stick to mainly lean meats, veggies, some fruits and good fats (olive oil) and cut out the sugar you should see a real change in about two to three weeks as long as you are exercising also.. you'll also notice a change in the way you feel. Sugar is a hard one for me .. it's all or nothing so I don't keep it in the house.

(don't let my ticker fool you... I"ve lost over 80 pounds ...I reset my ticker for a new goal)

Good luck
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Are you taking measurements?? you could be replacing fat with muscle and that is a great thing, but tends to hold the scale back a bit....
  • iSpeakLife
    Options
    OMG thanks so much everyone!
    I thought Raman Noodles were okay, because they were only like 350 cals and Lean pockets were supposed to be "lean" ??

Yea Im a junk food "junkie" plus I'm in college so it's all around me (notice the Chick-Fil-A). But I appreciate it so so much!!
  • iSpeakLife
    Options
    and changes are coming sooooooon !
  • georgie181
    Options
    its not hhow much you are eating its what your eating, not enough veggies for a start, good luck :) x
  • iSpeakLife
    Options
    I've never bought egg whites before...can I get them at the grocery store? Do they come in a carton??
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've never bought egg whites before...can I get them at the grocery store? Do they come in a carton??

I think you can buy them in a carton. I just buy eggs and use the shell to separate the egg white from the yolk. There are egg separators in the store also.
  • iSpeakLife
    Options
    Just thought I would update you all that I changed my diet up the VERY next day! Still not perfect but I'm down 3lbs!! Thanks so much for your help.

More veggies, less junk!