Deploying Husbands or Boyfriends??

Options
I was wondering if anyone's Husband or Boyfriend are going to be deploying soon or already are deployed and your trying to lose weight while they are gone ??? My Finace is leaving end of April and will be gone for about 7 months and during that time i really want to lose weight and would love to start a support group for people who are dealing with being away from their loved one and trying to focus on losing weight and we can give each other support and stay positive during these hard times... If you interested please let me know so i can start a blog

Replies

• stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am not what you're looking for, but I just wanted to say WOW! This is a great idea. I can't even begin to imagine how I would cope with my husband being away for a couple days let alone months and years. Please know that I am very thankful for the sacrifice that both your and your Fiance is making for our country.

My husband was in the Navy before we met. He often thinks about going back. I would never stop him, but I'm glad I have him with me.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
  • Momo84
    Momo84 Posts: 13
    Options
    Me! My boyfriend has been in Afghanistan since July, but will be home for a few weeks on the 13th. Then he has to go back until the end of June. The next 4 months are going to be really hard for me, and I really want to lose about 15 pounds or so before he comes back. Then were supposed to be going to Punta Cana so I am DETERMINED to be bikini ready. I need all the support I can get! A blog would be wonderful...:)
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I am a Military Mom of three, but currently only have one left serving. No body currently deployed or being deployed, but there is a web site that you might be interested in www.spousebuzz.com and I know that there is currently one on there that is dieting while her husband is deployed. She weighs in and checks in on that site weekly...you should check it out. Best of luck with your goal and thank your fiance for his service:flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Momo84

Im going to see if anyone else wants to join and by tomorrow i'll be making a post for anyone who wants to start a support group...
    My finace doesn't leave for a few more months but we are doing a court house wedding in March and I would love to lose about 10 pounds by then and keep losing while he's gone...
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey tammie you know me a marine wife and hubby is thankfully not deployed but is gone for 7 weeks. He is doing the IT Course is Virginia. Hoping to lose at least 10lbs while he's gone. He won't be back until March 19th.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hello USMCwifeb15

I think even having your hubby gone for 7 weeks is still really hard. 10 pounds is a great goal I really want to lose that much by March but i've set my self mini goals for each month to lose about 5 lbs so i don't get upset when i don't see the scale moving fast enough... If you ladies like we all can post our current weight, goal weight for when our men are back home, and give each other recipes, Fitness tips, and of course support.. :)