Am I eating to little?

Options
I am 6'5, 298 lbs. Started at 323 a month ago.

Currently I honestly think I am not eating enough...

For breakfast, I usually have 3 turkey sausages, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, and some egg whites.

I than take OxyElite Pro, workout - and skip lunch and just have a v8 after I work out.

For dinner I usually have a wheat sandwich with 2 slices of turkey and reduced fat Swiss cheese..

This is my food for the past month.. its get a bit boring, but I am seeing results. But I get SO hungry at nights and I get really depressed... any help would be great.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• got2tryagain
    Options
    Sounds like you are eating to little and crashing from the diet pill to me, but I am no expert.
  • riotshows
    Options
    At your height and weight you should be eating more than 2600 calories per day and still losing. Eat more at lunch and save 2 pieces of wheat toast and some canned fruit in water or juice for a late snack...this will stop you from feeling so hungry at night.

Also add some vegetables, salads etc to your dinner and some brown carbs. You do not want to slow your metabolism and have
    it kick into survival mode because your body thinks you are starving.
  • controllerplus
    Options
    Thank you!
  • controllerplus
    Options
    Oh yes, and I bike 10 miles daily. Is this even worse that I am not eating as much?
  • kat191
    Options
    your supposed to eat what you lose from excersise back!! thats my problem today ate to healthy and have heaps to eat!!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • bitonech
    Options
    You should eat at LEAST 1200 calories a day in order to get the nutrients you need and at your height I would dare say you may even need more like a minimum of 1500-1600 calories per day.... myfitnesspal can help you in determining that if your tracking your food daily. You can also change your goals on myfitnesspal and let them suggest your goals based off the information you have on your profile.

As towards the hunger at night... eat low calorie veggies as a evening snack, such as some carrots or celery. My favorite snack this time of year... simply because they are always on sale...green grapes...since they are a fruit and full of sugar they will be more calories than veggies...but they are still less than a say bread or other bad foods we tend to graze on in the evening. Green grapes are just over a 100 calories for cups worth.

Another suggestion would be rather than having your evening sandwich on wheat bread find a tortilla wrap that has added protein and fiber... this will help you feel fuller. I found some tortilla wraps that are OLE brand Xtreme wellness, high fiber, low carb and have 8g of protein, omega 3 (good for skin, eyes, etc.) and 12g of fiber. Oh and the best part... only 71 calories per wrap. I think I got them at Walmart...

My other advice...DON'T skip any meals especially breakfast... when you skip a meal your liver releases its glycogen which is what makes us not 'feel' hungry for a while or while we sleep... it releases this every 4-6 hours... when it releases the glycogen it causes your blood sugar to fluctuate which isn't really good in terms of weight loss and hypo/hyperglycemia. Your goal during the day should be to not allow your liver to release the glycogen store it keeps and keep your blood sugar regulated through food. Thus you should eat something every 4-6 hours or so. I'm not sure on this.. but I also think that working out makes your liver release the glycogen as well...you should eat a small amount of carbs prior to working out such as a banana or apple to give your body the energy for the workout. You'll burn that off before your liver has a chance to release the glycogen.

You can read more on this from the place I did. However, I myself personally did not like the diet this book promotes but the information in the first 5 or 6 chapters was a good read. http://www.themetabolismmiracle.com/ I was just way too cranky without my carbs ;-)
  • cottoncloud
    Options
    you are eating too little don't skip lunch just eat healthier, add salads and fruits to your diet.
  • deelizy
    Options
    you need more protein at night, way to little food for a person your height and activity.
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    when you're hungry, eat. otherwise you're starving yourself. pretty simple concept :P

but yes, overall you are eating too little. someone quoted the "in place of a road map" link. i'd start there definitely. i switched to that routine and i've steadily dropped 2-3 lbs a week. might not seem much, but it adds up and i feel better and NOT hungry :P

good luck!