Hard to reach 1200

Options
In the beginning, only eating 1200 calories usually left me pretty hungry. I don't know what's going on, but the past few days I've been having to force myself to get up to 1200. I usually eat about 700 and feel done for the day but have been forcing myself to eat more because i know its not good.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any reasons why? Its really frustrating to eat when I'm not hungry.

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Sounds odd
  • crodriguez94
    crodriguez94 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It is odd! I don't know why it started happening all of a sudden. Its just really hard to reach 1200 now
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Try and eat some calorie dense foods such as nuts etc, they are high in calories but won't stuff you so you feel like you're gonna pop
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that next time I'm not really hungry but need to get some extra calories :)
  • talk2kara
    Options
    I was also thinking that it could be food choices that are making you feel fuller, longer. Meaning, you could be eating healthier (higher fiber and more filling) foods now as opposed to when you started. This is a good thing! I understand though, you want to be at the minimum (1200) so you don't go into starvation mode, so I totally agree with the nuts suggestion :)
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Yeah, exactly! When I started i was eating 1200 but it wasn't the best kinds of food haha. But i've been trying to make better choices and now its biting me in the a**, haha. but yeah, the nuts idea is great :) i'll definitely keep it in mind!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    In my experience, this happened because my metabolism was slowing down. My body had to conserve what resources it had... so I found myself more and more satisfied at lower and lower calories.

But I also found myself more and more weak at the gym, dizzy throughout the day and had very little energy. Then the PLATEAU HIT. fun times.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Yeah, I mean I lost 15 pounds in the first 15 days but it's been another 15 days or so and I haven't lost one pound ... it's getting a little annoying
  • BrittneyOhhh
    Options
    Yeah, I mean I lost 15 pounds in the first 15 days but it's been another 15 days or so and I haven't lost one pound ... it's getting a little annoying

This may sound odd, but eat a lot of apples in one day along with your other foods to help with a plateau.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Your body is trying to tell you something... honestly, it sounds like its pleading with you... Check out www.scoobysworkshop.com and figure out your BMR and TDEE and eat at least your BMR. You should start seeing a loss again if you have only been eating 1200 for a short time.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Really? Any particular reason why? I'll try it! Heck, I'd try almost anything at this point, haha
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Thanks for this because I've been in the same position recently. Today I had to force myself to get to 900 cals and I prelog a lot of the time yet don't finish what I log. I've decided I need to up my calories because along with not being able to stomach 1200 cals I have also not been up to my workouts which are usually very hardcore cardio sessions from 1-2hrs at least 4 days a week. I need to try to up my cals with foods that won't make me physically feel so fool but that will add some healthy calories back into my diet. I KNOW that I will benefit from more cals.
  • DaniLoui29
    Options
    I have different weeks where some weeks I struggle to get to 1200 and other weeks I struggle to stay under 1500 but I do shift work and my sleeping / eating patterns are all over the place. I wouldn't stress about it too much. As long as you are making the right choices in what you eat the calories shouldn't be a huge issue for you.
  • jube61
    jube61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm like you finding it very hard to eat my 1200 calories,,,so I asked my trainer what I should do and he suggested eating nuts too.....so maybe give that a try....good luck...
  • joelthecannon
    Options
    Peanut Butter and cashews would help. High in calories. It won't fill you up.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Your body is trying to tell you something... honestly, it sounds like its pleading with you... Check out www.scoobysworkshop.com and figure out your BMR and TDEE and eat at least your BMR. You should start seeing a loss again if you have only been eating 1200 for a short time.

My BMR is 1494, but I'm just nervous that if I have 1500 calories to eat in a day, I'm going to make bad eating choices because I'll have more room to do so. I'll try it though.
  • keina629
    keina629 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, felt like I was eating enough but it was only about 800 calories a day - and I didn't lose anything! Now i'm eating a few small meals instead and snacking lots, but havn't weighed myself in a while...! Hopefully it's good news when I do!
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    are you reaching the 1200 though, now?
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Thanks for this because I've been in the same position recently. Today I had to force myself to get to 900 cals and I prelog a lot of the time yet don't finish what I log. I've decided I need to up my calories because along with not being able to stomach 1200 cals I have also not been up to my workouts which are usually very hardcore cardio sessions from 1-2hrs at least 4 days a week. I need to try to up my cals with foods that won't make me physically feel so fool but that will add some healthy calories back into my diet. I KNOW that I will benefit from more cals.

And by fool I obviously mean full, lol
  • Matt3400
    Options
    15lbs in 15 days is not healthy or sustainable.