Where is the weight loss?

Options
I've been eating real well for over a month now. Eating great the last 2 weeks. Over the last month I workout about 3000 calories a week. The last 2 weeks I've averaged 1000 a day and I haven’t lost a single pound. I've been doing a new weight lifting routine over the past month but I don’t think that could negate my diet and cardio. I've noticed over the past 1.5 years that I've been losing weight that if I don’t eat enough calories I don’t lose weight. Over the past month I have been very calorie deficient on most days. I don’t track all the time like I should just because I eat the same damn thing every week. I'm a very boring eater. I watch the people on that "extreme weight loss edition" eat around 1800 calories per day and burn 3500 calories a day and lose a crap load of weight. I still have 65lbs of fat to lose and 15 pounds of muscle to put on and I'm finding it very difficult. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Eat more! If you workout too much and eat too little your body will fight back.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • mdbs2004
    Options
    For what its worth the cardio and weight lifting have been going great!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Because you are doing weights, have you done measurements. You might not have lost pounds, but you probably lost inches.
    Also try eating more.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Seems to me you have been very successful so far. Look at the big picture, a month is not that long. If you have been eating in a deficit for 1.5 years, your body can use a break. Try eating at maintenance or slightly over for a few weeks, let your body reset.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Let me beat it into the ground, you are not eating enough.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    if you have been lifting then your body is probably gaining muscle mass. i agree with the above poster, you need to be doing measurements also, they will tell you the real story.
  • mdbs2004
    Options
    With the exception of my arms fitting tightly into my shirt my clothes are only a bit looser.