MFP Works!

Options
I've been a member on this site for a while, and sometimes I would do good, but when the weekend came you could forget about it. I started using taking this site serious on August 13, 2012 and it has paid off. On that day I weighed 216.6, and a month later I now weigh 202.6. Although, I'm no where close to my goal or even half way I just want to say it is possible. In one month, I lost 14 pounds and 14 inches off my entire body. I've replaced my bad food with healthier choices, and there are times where I will have what I crave, but in moderation. I also try to get to the gym 3 times a week, and the only cardio I do is the C25K app. I seriously can't thank this site enough, and all my encouraging friends. Here is to reaching my goal! :)

Replies

• nomorelies
    Options
    Thats AWESOME keep up the great work
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are doing phenomenal!!! I started on August 1 and lost 5 pounds (223-218). We will do this!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep at it, and just imagine where you'll be at the end of the year!

It'll be here before you know it, so stay focused.....I'm cheering you on!!!
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I never imagined I would lose as much as I did. It does keep me motivated! I hope to be in the 100's by my 21st birthday October 4 :)
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thats a great loss :) I am sure you will make your October goal , keep smiling
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    AWESOME!!! My weight-loss is not nearly that quick (eventhough as long as it goes it doesnt matter how long it takes) so, GREAT Job!!

Keep up the good work!!!! LOVE this site myself for all the motivation and being able to motivate others!!!! :-)
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    that is awesome...keep up the good work!! I love this place!!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    keep up te good work!!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Great work! You can do it!
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing- I think everyone needs to keep in mind that it does work when you apply it :) I still have bad habits to get rid of but I am slowly losing the weight and reading posts like yours and others successes keeps me motivated and moving forward! Great job!!!!
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    The great thing about MFP for me is the ability to eat and drink whatever I want. As long as each day I am below the calorie allowance then the weight comes off. I still have a beer when I want.!!!
    Ian.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That's a massive achievement already, well done, I reckon you will make the October goal, it's wonderful how success can spur you on to do more!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! Congrats! keep up the great work! I love this site too! So much support and great friends!
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic - well done!

I know that I have struggled to diet for the past year, but when I came on MFP everything seemed to fall into place!

Keep up the good work and you'll be at target in no time!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep up the great work!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    All I needed was to see it in black and white. It really made a difference. Congratulations.
  • SwtMelissa86
    Options
    I agree! It does work! Keep up the great job you are doing! :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like you are well on your way.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been a member on this site for a while, and sometimes I would do good, but when the weekend came you could forget about it. I started using taking this site serious on August 13, 2012 and it has paid off. On that day I weighed 216.6, and a month later I now weigh 202.6. Although, I'm no where close to my goal or even half way I just want to say it is possible. In one month, I lost 14 pounds and 14 inches off my entire body. I've replaced my bad food with healthier choices, and there are times where I will have what I crave, but in moderation. I also try to get to the gym 3 times a week, and the only cardio I do is the C25K app. I seriously can't thank this site enough, and all my encouraging friends. Here is to reaching my goal! :)

Well done to you! MFP can work for everyone, you just need the correct application from yourself. I've done 40 days and lost 12lb, Yep had bad days but I just make sure I correct it as soon as I can. Bad days don't hurt you as long as you do something about them. Once you get in to the habbit it get easier.

You sound like you have a great attitude and I am sure if you continue you will reach your goals! All the very best to you! You can do it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!