FitBit

Options
I just read some reviews about the FitBit calori activity monitor. Does anyone doing MFP find it helpful and worth the $100 investment?

Replies

• missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Since i have gotten it i find myself naked without it.. I have forgotten to put it on a couple of times and i cant stop thinking about it when i do. I think it's addicting personally. Totally worth it!
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love mine. You've probably seen the problems it has- the device is a little fragile and sometimes the website is buggy. I got my first one a month ago and killed it almost immediately. Fitbit sent me a replacement- their customer service really is wonderful. I was surprised at how quickly the Fitbit became part of my daily routine, and how much I missed it when mine was out of commission. It's kind of like with MFP- once you start tracking, you are way more aware of what your activity level really is. My husband got one as well, and it's been fun seeing who can out-step the other. For us, it's a great way to stay motivated.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I got mine two days ago and I love it. Took a little figuring out to work out the interaction between mfp and fitbit but I'm getting there. I'm away from home (helping Mum celebrate 86th birthday) at the moment but having the fitbit has encouraged me to get out and get moving.

Can't wait to get home and see how my activity level adds up in my normal day to day life and with more opportunities for adding exercise.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It's around-the-clock accountability. You can look at your daily graph and see when you were active (or not). It inspires me to move when I wouldn't otherwise.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    I love mine as well. It gets me moving even when I am lazy.
  • martindale11
    martindale11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loved my fitbit! It is really helpful and motivating as well...but it is easy to lose...I lost my first one and the company sent me a free replacement and then I jumped in the pool with it on..so the fitbit seems to be a bit smarter than me!
  • bbarnes42
    bbarnes42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. I'm sold!
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. It encourages me to park far away from a store or work so that I can walk more and try to get my 10,000 steps in a day. I love the way it figures up how many miles a day I walk and how many calories I burn walking. It keeps count of how many stairs I climb a day as well. I wear it everyday on my bra and will not go a day without it since I got it. It is worth the $100. Actually, I ordered mine from Amazon and only paid $89.00.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Is there some kind of settings you have to do. Mine said that I had way more steps than my old school pedometer and it also said I did stairs and I didn't do any stairs. It didn't have very much in the way of instructions. I am not giving up on it. So many people love it and I will keep trying!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I love mine also, it makes me want to walk the stairs more to see if I can get in 25 flights everyday! two days so far!! But I haven't figured out how to sync it to MFP. Is it simple? I'm not the best at tech- savy things.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Is there some kind of settings you have to do. Mine said that I had way more steps than my old school pedometer and it also said I did stairs and I didn't do any stairs. It didn't have very much in the way of instructions. I am not giving up on it. So many people love it and I will keep trying!!

I went online to fitbit.com and pulled up the instruction manual and printed it out. It has a lot of info so that you get the most out of your fitbit.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I love mine also, it makes me want to walk the stairs more to see if I can get in 25 flights everyday! two days so far!! But I haven't figured out how to sync it to MFP. Is it simple? I'm not the best at tech- savy things.

Yes, it is easy to sync it to MFP. Go online to Fitbit.com and it walks you though the steps to sync it to MFP.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I loved my fitbit! It is really helpful and motivating as well...but it is easy to lose...I lost my first one and the company sent me a free replacement and then I jumped in the pool with it on..so the fitbit seems to be a bit smarter than me!

I dreamed that I dived into the pool with my fitbit on the night before last, and had to keep swimming until I managed to retrieve it. I hope I got the calorie burn for the dream swim!
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit since February.

I absolutely L O V E it!

I give much of the credit of my success to Fitbit! And MFP!

Knowing what I know about Fitbit now, I would pay twice the price!!
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Not sure if this has ben answered or not, BUT, I will reply...

1. FitBit tracks elevation, not steps climbed. When I walk, because it is hilly, I get a lot more flights than I actually step.

2. Make sure to set your step length, but FitBIT is a Motion Sensor, similar to the one used in the Wii Controllers. So, it tracks Body Motion, not just steps. This is why it is much better than just a Pedomiter.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Went to the fitbit site and found a way to set stride length. I don't have it with me today so I will try it tomorrow.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I read reviews about it being flimsy and breaking easily, but I have had it for several months now and wear it constantly. I have had no problem at all with mine.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

Yes, it is easy to sync it to MFP. Go online to Fitbit.com and it walks you though the steps to sync it to MFP.

Thank you,Sandy ..I'll look into it this weekend, it would be nice not to have to put info in twice.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump