Yummy fake french toast!

Options
Thought I'd share this idea of mine with all fellow MFP's (I guess it has been done loads and is not all that inventive but I really liked it and haven't seen anything similar yet on the recipes board!)

Get a slice of bread (a little on the thick side)...I have been using sourdough but I'm sure any would work
Toast the bread
A thin spread of honey on the bread to sweeten it
Any selection of berries/fruit on top (I put them in the microwave for a little bit so the juices soak through the bread when poured on!)

It tastes just like french toast and is my new favourite post-workout lunch :smile:

Replies

• debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    sounds good
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump..sounds good!
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd share this idea of mine with all fellow MFP's (I guess it has been done loads and is not all that inventive but I really liked it and haven't seen anything similar yet on the recipes board!)

Get a slice of bread (a little on the thick side)...I have been using sourdough but I'm sure any would work
    Toast the bread
    Any selection of berries/fruit on top (I put them in the microwave for a little bit so the juices soak through the bread when poured on!)

It tastes just like french toast and is my new favourite post-workout lunch :smile:

Now need to find a way of including protein hehe
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Toast the bread

It seems all you've done is remove the egg so that all you have left is bread, fruit and sugar. Why would you want to remove the protien? In general, that would be less healthy that regular french toast.