Converting WW recipes to calories, Help!

Options
I did WW online from June 09-De 09. I felt i needed to do something different, so I decided to count calories so I could explore more recipes without having to type it all into the ww tools. Now though, I'm finding there are 5 or 6 staple WW recipes we use in the household, that i would like to know their calorie intake. Is there an equation or cheat way to convert easily or do i have to do it the hard way?

For instance, I have WW- Hearty Turkey Chili in the slowcooker today. The recipe link is here:
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=50509 .
On average it was 4 points for one cup. Very filling.
I omitted carrots, the cooking spray, onions (used powder) , scallion and canola oil. If it matters I used a can of diced tomatos instead of fresh and used an orange bell pepper instead of green.

I typed the recipe into the database here and it came up with for 1 cup (someone else had put it in, unverified)
74 calories, 11 carbs, 2 fat, 5 protein. I thought this could be low, but would be delighted if it were accurate.

Any thoughts? TIA, Melanie

Replies

• stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds like it would be pretty accurate. do you have your weight watcher card to plug those numbers back into the chart and determine if you come up with the same 4 points? you can track more than what MFP automatically plugs in on your diary. just go to your settings and change it up. you should be able to see the items that figure up your points, dietary fiber, etc...
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I did weight watchers, I noticed that basically one weight watchers point = 50 calories.
  • Sheri226
    Options
    Hi Supermel, I just did a good search & found the recipe & the nutritional information at this site: http://www.recipezaar.com/hearty-turkey-chili-from-weight-watchers-404561

My husband did WW 8 years ago and he has told me that this stie is so much easier to keep track with the calories and with exercising.

Good luck!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds like it would be pretty accurate. do you have your weight watcher card to plug those numbers back into the chart and determine if you come up with the same 4 points? you can track more than what MFP automatically plugs in on your diary. just go to your settings and change it up. you should be able to see the items that figure up your points, dietary fiber, etc...

Thanks for your feedback. I don't have a card, but will find an online calculator and check it. I can't believe i didn't think of that ;) Thanks!
  • Supermel
    Options
    When I did weight watchers, I noticed that basically one weight watchers point = 50 calories.
    Thanks I will keep that in mind. I googled my question and found most people agreed that loosely it evened out to 50-60 calories per point. In this case though, 4 points would be around 200 calories and the recipe is coming up as 74? That was where I got a bti lost.
  • Supermel
    Options
    Hi Supermel, I just did a good search & found the recipe & the nutritional information at this site: http://www.recipezaar.com/hearty-turkey-chili-from-weight-watchers-404561

My husband did WW 8 years ago and he has told me that this stie is so much easier to keep track with the calories and with exercising.

Good luck!

Thanks for helping me out. :) That recipe is close to the one I use. I appreciate your time. I also appreicate the link, I will explore it!
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Sheri,

I was never a chili person but that recipe that is being broadcast here being only 74 calories per cup and considering the ingredients, this is a must for me. I will pick up ingredients today and make for the week. The recipezaar is spot on with what is being described here so I think you answered superme clearly.