Football and Food

Options
Just for fun. Name your favorite Football team (college or Pro) and your favorite thing to eat while watching your team win (besides beer, of course). If it is something different, please include the recipe so everyone can try something new!

Replies

• kehuizenga
    Options
    Purdue Boilermakers and Chicago Bears! If I could actually watch Purdue win, I wouldn't really care what I was eating...but alas, the coaches at Purdue and their preventative defense tend to prevent us from winning. I am not big on snacking while watching football at home, but if I was tailgating I would say chili would be my favorite...and, I can't lie, the sweets. It's hard to keep away from those.
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    NY GIANTS and PENN STATE!! I love tortilla chips and a dip of sour cream/shredded cheese/salsa.....sooo good!! And of course, BEER :)
  • Culley34
    Options
    Pro: New England Patriots
    College: Tennessee Volunteers

I love buffalo chicken dip during football. I'll be honest with you now, only make it if you have a cheat day.

1 12 oz. bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (for WINGS) -

1 (12 - 14 oz.) bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch or Blue Cheese. You can save calories using the low / non-fat of the dressings.

1 8 oz. pack of Cream Cheese (The low fat tastes terrible in this recipe)

1 package of Sargento Mexican Blend Cheese

1 (or 2 packs) of PERDUE® SHORT CUTS® Carved Chicken Breast, Original Roasted (9 oz.) - You will need to cut them into smaller pieces.

Get an oven-ready dish (make sure you have a cover!)
    Spread the cream cheese evenly along the base of the dish using the back of a spoon.
    Pour in the bottle of the Frank's Wing Sauce
    Pour in the bottle of the Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing. (1 oz of hot sauce for 1 oz of dressing)
    Add in the diced chicken
    Mix it around so the whole dish has the same consistency
    Add the Mexican Cheese on top
    Cover the dish

Put it in the oven at 375 for about 20 mintues or when you see the dip bubbling...

This should easily feed 10-14 people.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Pro: San Diego Chargers
    College: USC Trojans

Wings for sure lol. Also a nice BBQ for the game is always fun, tri-tip or steak mmmm. Now I can't wait for the weekend lol
  • dstackable
    Options
    Pro: San Diego Chargers
    College: USC Trojans

Wings for sure lol. Also a nice BBQ for the game is always fun, tri-tip or steak mmmm. Now I can't wait for the weekend lol

Weekend? Who needs to wait? Watch the Packers and Bears tonight! Go Packers! Steak sounds awesome too
  • Villy17
    Villy17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pro team: Detroit Lions!
    College: UofM Wolverines!

My easy snack is some multi-grain chips along with some homemade salsa, it's actually reasonably healthy.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Pro: New England Patriots
    College: Tennessee Volunteers

I love buffalo chicken dip during football. I'll be honest with you now, only make it if you have a cheat day.

Not true, not true! Made this last Sunday and my husband FLIPPED out! it was delicious and you'd never guess-low fat...PS: you can find low fat blue cheese crumbles to add to this as well. no difference in taste.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

This weekend, I'm making my fave: Chili and cornbread. Delish.

Edited to add...
    Favorite College Team: Montana Grizzlies (goooOOOO GRIZ)
    Favorite Pro Team: Denver Broncos
  • cbo1o
    cbo1o Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    New England Patriots

popcorn
  • mizzleslie7
    Options
    Redskins and I love eating wings.. but of course I have this on my cheat day. I staw away from the pizza they always order at my house hehe
  • dstackable
    Options
    Found this awesome recipe on Pinterest. Making this one soon.

BBQ Chicken Bites

Servings: 15
    Serving Size: 1 BBQ chicken bite
    Calories: 60
    Fat: 3 g
    Carbs: 4 g
    Fiber: 1.2 g
    Protein: 3 g
    Old Points: 1.2 pts
    Points+: 1 pt

Here are your ingredients:
    Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

1 package baked mini phyllo dough shells
    2 oz. smoked cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    3/4 cup cooked shredded BBQ chicken (recipe to come)
    3 Tbsp sour cream
    Snipped fresh cilantro as garnish

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place phyllo dough shells on a baking sheet and place a cheese cube into each shell. Divide your shredded BBQ chicken evenly among shells.

Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    PRO: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!
    College: UNH Wildcats!!!!!!

Tequila Lime marinated chicken wings!

Nip: 1800 Reposado
    5 limes: zest and juiced
    3 cloves gahhhhhhlic finely chopped
    1 scallion, finely chopped
    1 tsp ancho chili powder
    1 tsp arbol chili powder
    1 tsp margarita salt
    2 TB Olive oil

Mixed well.....

Remove the tips from the wings and divide by sections.
    Marinate the chicken wings over night - sometimes Ill make a double batch of the marinade because I want them immersed.

In a hot 425F oven, cook the chicken wings until no longer pink.

Sometimes Ill run it for five minutes under the broiler for that nice browny-CRUNCHY skin!

This is my ultimate chicken wing of love!

I always make homemade habanero sauce on the side for myself because I love that heat!

GO PATS AND WILDCATS!!!!!
  • titanium2012
    Options
    Love all the Patriots fans in this thread!