Ugh.

Options
So, I'm posting looking for a little support. My work schedule has changed. I'm happy about that, but I have resorted to eating dinner out instead of cooking. It hasn't been good. I haven't lost weight in the past week. I'm glad I caught that now, instead of gaining weight. I'm just a bit frustrated. It seems that if I look at food it makes me gain weight. I had my yearly health assessment for my health insurance plan... And, I have lost enough weight for a health credit, but was counseled by a nurse that I'm fat. (So, I guess a bit of a NSV that my premium is going down, but just was hoping to hear praise that I've lost quite a bit of weight since my last health assessment.)

Replies

• Culley34
    Options
    Relax. All is not not lost. You're still down 15 lbs and that's over halfway to your goal, which is fantastic!

How long do you plan on eating out for? Why not cook your meals the night before, or on the weekends for the rest of the week? It would eliminate the stress of cooking after work and ensure that you're eating something healthy.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    eating out can be killer. Not sure how your schedule is, but bringing food may be a good option. I love leftovers, I always make enough to ensure I'll have some. If this won't work, re-evaluate where you are eating out. If you keep it in your goal, it shouldn't hurt...but it is hard to do that and not go over.
  • wfriddell
    Options
    I also like to pick up the steam bags from lean cuisine, they are low in calories and have many flavors. Real easy when you don't have time to cook something up.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/lean-cuisine-steamers
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use a crock pot about 4 days a week! I cook 6-8chicken breasts at a time. I either start it before work so it is done when we get home, or I start it at night before bed so it is done before work!

It saves a lot of time from cooking, and we always have food for lunch and dinner :) Plus, we save money by not eating out (and not only is it healthier, it's much tastier!)
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use a crock pot about 4 days a week! I cook 6-8chicken breasts at a time. I either start it before work so it is done when we get home, or I start it at night before bed so it is done before work!

It saves a lot of time from cooking, and we always have food for lunch and dinner :) Plus, we save money by not eating out (and not only is it healthier, it's much tastier!)

Crockpot meals were going to be my suggestion too. You can make a wide variety of things in a crockpot. I agree, you will save money and be eating better.
  • sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I plan on going back to eating out 1-2 x per week. I was losing 2 lbs per week that way. I know I'm close to my goal. But, it is a little rough to be told you are fat by a medical professional. I don't understand why some of the people I know talk about how thin I am, when I'm still overweight. It is a struggle.