olive garden

Options
so im going to olive garden tonight, and dont want to eat loads of calories. whats healthy there?

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually have the soup and salad. They have a low fat dressing, but you have to ask for it. They will also make breadsticks without butter on request. They used to have some lower calorie flat bread pizzas. But last time I was there i didn't see it on the menue. Maybe it was just a temporary offering.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Nutrition/ Go on their nutritional information site to make wise choices.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I usually have this: Venetian Apricot Chicken (dinner portion) with some salad, but I make sure to get the salad dressing on the side. It is very good and filling.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ok thanks! :)
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    They have a nutritional menu available upon request. They may have light dressing- but Id get it on the side anyway. nothing there is low cal. Soup is a very bad choice- but most of it is. Naked chicken can be made- sauces can be put on the side. The mixed grill is more meat then anything but - not garden fare by any stretch.

I worked there and had total training of the menu- they joke a lot behind the scenes how high in sodium and calories it is. you did see the first lady hate OG right? It goes against her mission to trim america's waist line.

Get your guide on nutrition and choose carefully.