Sounds weird...but does anybody want to be my friend?

Options
I've only been on MFP a couple of weeks and I'm really shy about all this stuff (and to be honest I'm actually dieting without my parents knowing because they think I don't need to) so I wondered if anybody wanted to be my friend? I'm still in absolute awe of people who have lost weight because if you look at my profile you'll see that I'm struggling with this 'tough love' approach that everyone seems to have on here. I don't really have much to lose (I'm 5ft 5 and 148 lbs trying to get down to 138lbs) and due to the fact that I live at home I don't have much choice in my evening meal for example, but I promise I'm really friendly and I'm just looking for a bit of moral support really. It's a bit of a weird request I know but... will you be my friend? I promise I'll try and help you to and I'll definitely support you (although at this stage my ability to advise is non-existent) but...yeah! Hopefully some of you guys will help :)

Replies

• oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound weird. I have been begging for friends Forever! It is slowly paying off
  • susanhoyle
    Options
    Im not sure how old you are but I will be your friend and as long as you do it healthy nobody will be the wiser. Do not starve all day so you can eat at night. Just tell your parents your not on a diet your just eating healthier.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live at home too, and my parents always pressure me to eat their dinner (eye roll), not exactly the best way to lose weight!

You're so close to your goal! You can do it!
  • MattPBTX
    MattPBTX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't be shy! It's ok, we won't bite :) Good luck on your goal and remember that you now have a huge group of people willing to help you out with any questions you have. Don't be afraid to ask!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Here is a suggestion. Since you have little control over your dinner, start your daily diary with dinner.

Track dinner and any evening snacking, then sleep, then track all the foods up until dinner time again.

So your diary for Tuesday will actually have Monday’s dinner and Tuesday’s breakfast, lunch and daytime snacks. That was you can try to stay within in your ‘daily’ calorie goal. Nothing requires your day to be midnight to midnight.

Also of assistance to me is the weekly average information on the Home page of the phone app.

Friend invite sent.