NEED ADVICE!!!!!!

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I know this question has been posted many o times...about a party that you are going to and how to handle the temptation, and heck I have even posted with the water bottle theory(keep one in your hand to prevent munching excessively) but EASIER said than done. Its my urn in the barrel. This coming satuarday my boyfriend is going to a pig roast/welcome to summer party and of course me being the nice girlfriend I am going. I am DREADING being around all that bad for me food, as well as the kill all beer(which honestly folks, I am his DD so I am not gonna drink) I am hoping they have a veggie platter that I can hang by or something that is not so fat laden I almost drop dead of a heart attack by looking at it. I also do not wanna look like I am impolite or rude or even worse "one of those girls". So what I need advice on is do I mage a lil or make it a cheat day? Or stick to my guns??? I will be honest about that if I stick to my guns, by saying "Look I am really trying to watch I appreciate the offer but I will pass" that way I am still nice and polite and maintaing my diet for a night. Unless of course I decide to bail completely, which did cross my mind. But HELP MY DEAR FITNESS FRIENDS.

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I know this question has been posted many o times...about a party that you are going to and how to handle the temptation, and heck I have even posted with the water bottle theory(keep one in your hand to prevent munching excessively) but EASIER said than done. Its my urn in the barrel. This coming satuarday my boyfriend is going to a pig roast/welcome to summer party and of course me being the nice girlfriend I am going. I am DREADING being around all that bad for me food, as well as the kill all beer(which honestly folks, I am his DD so I am not gonna drink) I am hoping they have a veggie platter that I can hang by or something that is not so fat laden I almost drop dead of a heart attack by looking at it. I also do not wanna look like I am impolite or rude or even worse "one of those girls". So what I need advice on is do I mage a lil or make it a cheat day? Or stick to my guns??? I will be honest about that if I stick to my guns, by saying "Look I am really trying to watch I appreciate the offer but I will pass" that way I am still nice and polite and maintaing my diet for a night. Unless of course I decide to bail completely, which did cross my mind. But HELP MY DEAR FITNESS FRIENDS.
  • captaincavey
    Options
    :smile: Wow, you have lost 70 pds that is great. My thought on your issue is it is not everyday that you have a pig roast and really pork is not that unhealthy. What you could do is plan to have just a small amount of pork and you could go without the sauce. I know they will have some fixings like beans, potatoe salad and I would assume they are going to have veges. So have the pork, and put lots of veges on your plate. You could even put 2tbs of potatoe salad and you would still be within a normal range.
    Maybe there will be a volleyball game you could get involved in to burn off those calories. If not volleyball maybe some dancing. One day won't hurt you if you keep it within reason. Enjoy the party and enjoy the new you.
    I have lost 25 pds and if I was going to the party (I will in June for my nephew openhouse) I would just take controled amounts. Food is not your enemy, You control your food rather than the food controlling you.
    Patti
  • parisElle
    parisElle Posts: 13
    Options
    Not going doesn't seem like the right choice just because, I mean..there are gonna be a lot of times when you're surrounded by food that you'd love to eat. So I say definitely go. Drink water, decline the fatty food, and "stick to your guns".

Even risk being "that girl" for the night, because you know the next day you won't be beating yourself up.
    It'll be a rough night for sure, but you'll be fine, and the next day you'll feel even better!

Good Luck!:)
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Be "that girl" 'cause everyone envies "that girl" with the self control just a little bit. Take confidence in that people are noticing you and what you are doing.....

Watch yourself all week long, exercise HARD and allow yourself to take a little of it all at the party. If you're not drinking, it will be easy to be in control. By a new pair of jeans to wear and show off your new self....it will be motivation to keep it going!!
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bring a veggie/fruit tray!
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi well done for loseing 70Lbs!!!! Thats great you have really motivated me more now, im a new member. I would say eat before you go and then just have a salad and enjoy your party.

Pamela x:flowerforyou:
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think it shows alot of strength to be that girl! You should be proud and stand tall! You have accomplished so much! Go and have fun!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful advice, and I will be the girl with the will power I meant I dont wanna be the "eeeeeewwww calories!!!!!!" you know the kind that picks at a salad. I am sure there will be some healthy fare there...
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I say make it a cheat day!! But if your like me, this won't be the only one for the summer. I have a huge family and everything social we do in the summer revolves around BBQ's, so I already know there will be a ton of cheat days this summer. I am such a picker too, so I return to the food table more than once during the night. Most important....have fun!!!!