Bally Slimmer Belt

Options
I purchased one of these over the weekend and wanted to know if this belt really does what it says it does:

Product Features
-Add to your daily workout with the Slimmer Belt from Bally Total Fitness; Exercise equipment comes in case of 6 and helps you trim that belly faster
-Wear this fitness belt while you perform other daily tasks; Shed excess water around your middle as you exercise

Has anyone noticed a difference in their waist area that has tried this belt out?

Replies

• tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I guess not :laugh:

Well for those that have read this, it does seem like the belt works by the way my tummy feels when I take it off. Will keep the forums updated.:wink:
  • Realtychic
    Options
    I have seen those before, but never actually tried them....keep us updated on how it works :)
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was curious about those too...definitely keep us updated!!!
  • tasha30
    Options
    WILL DO!
  • shirk13
    Options
    They work to slim your stomach by increasing the amount you sweat in that area. More sweat = more water weight lost. They will decrease your waist measurement temporarily since the skin cells in that area will shrink due to the water loss.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    right, short answer, sorry, they don't really do anything for you.

Longer answer, they MAY increase the amount you sweat a little, but that's pretty much just water weight, and water weight isn't "real" weight. It will not, in any tangible way, increase fat loss from your stomach.

Now if it was a system that helped agitate the subcutaneous fat in the stomach, thereby causing fat cells to be more mobile/accessible by the blood stream then MAYBE (and that's a big maybe) that would help a little, but not very much in any case.

Generally these types of weight loss aids don't really work.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

Longer answer, they MAY increase the amount you sweat a little, but that's pretty much just water weight, and water weight isn't "real" weight. It will not, in any tangible way, increase fat loss from your stomach.

Now if it was a system that helped agitate the subcutaneous fat in the stomach, thereby causing fat cells to be more mobile/accessible by the blood stream then MAYBE (and that's a big maybe) that would help a little, but not very much in any case.

Thanks for being the "bad sheriff" this time........:wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

lol, my pleasure. I've been doing this a lot lately. I feel like a jerk sometimes. But rather be the jerk and give people the right info, than be nice, and watch someone get duped.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I woulld take it back because it's a complete waste of $$$$$$.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

lol, my pleasure. I've been doing this a lot lately. I feel like a jerk sometimes. But rather be the jerk and give people the right info, than be nice, and watch someone get duped.

Boss, telling the truth will never make you a jerk. It's better to help someone save money and their valuable time!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    While they do not have any long term benefits or permanent benefits they do work to help you sweat. I have one that I bought from walmart to help me sweat. I do notice a difference short term as far as my stomach being less bloated. For me I am not a sweater, I can workout for two hours doing cardio and not sweat hardly at all. I do notice that I do not feel as bloated when I wear the belt as opposed to when I don't wear it while exercising. It does not do anything in my opinion for burning extra fat or toning but it does help with excess water weight.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I had been using my boyfriends and bought myself one (think it says Golds Gym though) over the weekend, it does make me sweat alot more. Plus, if you work out at an LA Fitness like me, it makes me feel a little less self conscious since I know nothing is poking out so to speak :laugh: especially around people wearing only sports bras (lord I remember those days, makes me go harder :bigsmile: ) so take it for what you will.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

And I'm more that willing to do my share--but sometimes being the "voice of reason" is not always appreciated.
  • tasha30
    Options

Thanks, that make a lot of sense!
  • tasha30
    Options
    I woulld take it back because it's a complete waste of $$$$$$.

It was very inexpensive, so its okay.

It does help you sweat A LOT in that area, like others have said. So I guess it does have some benefits.
  • tasha30
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. Im still going to use it! :wink:
  • tasha30
    Options
    bumping

for any other thoughts!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Just because you're sweating a lot in your stomach doesn't mean that you are going to lose in that area.
  • tasha30
    Options
    Just because you're sweating a lot in your stomach doesn't mean that you are going to lose in that area.

Yea, I'm beginning to think you all are right. You look great btw!