diet for pear shaped women

Options
2»

Replies

• myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    it's really mainly used for post work out purposes, to help the muscle rebuild quicker. i'm guessing people drink it at other times because of convenience/preference.

I am working out 5 - 6 times a week now doing weights, cardio and a running program. Probably why he suggested it.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Sweet! Yeah! Sounds like you are on the right path. Just stick with it and work hard.

I wrote a post a while back that you might find helpful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies
    [/quote]

Read your post. Thank you for the tips! I have printed it off and will keep it on my fridge :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

There's no reason to use whey protein powder in all honesty, unless you like the taste of shakes. You could just as easily eat chicken breast (or any other source of protein) and get the same amount of protein, and other nutrients to boot.

If you want to add protein to your diet and exercise a lot, whey powder is the easiest way to add lots of protein for little calories - and you can mix it with anything from yogurt to frozen yogurt, fruit and if you get the unflavoured type - any dish you want....

And it's not broscience - it actually contributes to rebuilding muscle, and makes me sleep really well too! If I eat a steak as a snack right before bedtime (in order to get the same amount of protein) I will not sleep well at all!:drinker:
  • anunknownmouse
    Options

There's no reason to use whey protein powder in all honesty, unless you like the taste of shakes. You could just as easily eat chicken breast (or any other source of protein) and get the same amount of protein, and other nutrients to boot.

If you want to add protein to your diet and exercise a lot, whey powder is the easiest way to add lots of protein for little calories - and you can mix it with anything from yogurt to frozen yogurt, fruit and if you get the unflavoured type - any dish you want....

And it's not broscience - it actually contributes to rebuilding muscle, and makes me sleep really well too! If I eat a steak as a snack right before bedtime (in order to get the same amount of protein) I will not sleep well at all!:drinker:

The brosciencey part is the thought that it contributes to rebuilding muscle BETTER than any other protein source, which is wrong. If you like protein shakes because they are convenient and don't bother your stomach, that's perfectly legitimate. All I'm trying to say is if you'd rather eat a piece of chicken breast, that's fine too.
  • moonlightgirl65
    Options
    That's great! I'm a pear too and I did the same thing, got a personal trainer and joined the gym!! It's been 4 weeks now and what a difference it makes. Keep up the good work!