Anyone out there getting fit for their wedding?

Options
Trying to get fit and lose lbs for my upcoming wedding!!! Anyone else trying to do the same thing? We could start a fun support group! :)

Replies

• Kacieso
    Kacieso Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm in my sister's wedding in May too, so that's the more immediate goal!
  • haeh1156
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats to you!! I have 49 pounds to lose before next spring so here it goes!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I was-but now a married lady (as of August 4th), I'm doing it to look good for the hubby...and myself :)
  • Blakely93
    Options
    Me! I'm getting married in two months. I started walking with my sister and counting calories. I'm trying to tone and lose a few pounds. You can do it! :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to lose weight for a loooong time but getting engaged really got me into "this-can't-wait-anymore" mode. The wedding is one of many reasons but it gives me a concrete weight loss goal with a concrete "deadline." I'm not getting married until September 2014 but I want to hit my goal by September 2013- I want to lose a total of 70 lbs and have lost 18 so far.
  • the_icebergs
    Options
    I'm recently engaged!! And planning a wedding for Spring 2014. I would love to be at my GW (150) by then. I'm 15 lbs down since starting MFP in July. I hope to get there sooner and start toning so that I will look great in the dress :)

My BFF is getting married next August and I'm in her wedding. I would love to be able to order a bridesmaid dress in a much smaller size!!

If any of you Brides to Be would like to be MFPals with me - let me know!
  • Kacieso
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 50 too! I'm hoping that's do-able by April (ish) before I have to order my bridesmaid dress! We are also planning a trip to Aruba in June/July, so I want to be down a bunch by then!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    No ring yet but we're talking and planning so I know one will be in my near future. I figure some of my motivation is to look good in a dress on that big day :happy:
  • Aninika
    Options
    I'm getting married in June next year and just got engaged in August. But I started losing before that just for myself. Now of course I am even more motivated :D
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 months. I bought my wedding dress and had it altered 4 years ago. As of now, I'm the same size I was when I bought it so it should fit like a glove. :) We're already married, but it's for our vow renewal. We got married at the courthouse.
  • Kacieso
    Options
    You look fantastic! I love your dress!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm not engaged or anything, but I would definitely like to be fit for the future guy/possible wedding.
  • Kacieso
    Options
    Same boat! :) Ring should be here within a month or so (eek!!), but we've already started planning!
  • ginbookus
    Options
    Not for my own wedding, but I'm a bridesmaid in November so I'm trying to lose a little weight before then. :) Congrats on your engagement!!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm getting married on August 24th 2013 and I'm trying to get to my goal weight before then. I started out at 246.8 the end of April and I'm now 212. I want to be about 145lbs when I finish so I've got another 77lbs to go and I'm hoping to have half of that gone by Christmas so I can begin dress shopping with confidence!
  • haeh1156
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the great responses everyone! And CONGRATS to you all! Feel free to add me and we can do the get-fit-for-the-wedding journey together! :) This is such an exciting time and the last thing I want to think on my big day is how bad I look! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not for my own wedding, but I'm a bridesmaid in November so I'm trying to lose a little weight before then. :) Congrats on your engagement!!

i'm a bridesmaid for a wedding in october and i PLAN on catching the bouquet!
  • rosekittie
    rosekittie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been married a month now, and it's so much easier to focus on fitness now that the planning is done with. Wish you all the best!
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me! I'm in.