Anyone out there getting fit for their wedding?

Trying to get fit and lose lbs for my upcoming wedding!!! Anyone else trying to do the same thing? We could start a fun support group! :)

Replies

• Kacieso
    Kacieso Posts: 16 Member
    Me! I'm in my sister's wedding in May too, so that's the more immediate goal!
  • Awesome! Congrats to you!! I have 49 pounds to lose before next spring so here it goes!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    I was-but now a married lady (as of August 4th), I'm doing it to look good for the hubby...and myself :)
  • Me! I'm getting married in two months. I started walking with my sister and counting calories. I'm trying to tone and lose a few pounds. You can do it! :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I've wanted to lose weight for a loooong time but getting engaged really got me into "this-can't-wait-anymore" mode. The wedding is one of many reasons but it gives me a concrete weight loss goal with a concrete "deadline." I'm not getting married until September 2014 but I want to hit my goal by September 2013- I want to lose a total of 70 lbs and have lost 18 so far.
  • I'm recently engaged!! And planning a wedding for Spring 2014. I would love to be at my GW (150) by then. I'm 15 lbs down since starting MFP in July. I hope to get there sooner and start toning so that I will look great in the dress :)

My BFF is getting married next August and I'm in her wedding. I would love to be able to order a bridesmaid dress in a much smaller size!!

If any of you Brides to Be would like to be MFPals with me - let me know!
  • Kacieso
    I'm trying to lose about 50 too! I'm hoping that's do-able by April (ish) before I have to order my bridesmaid dress! We are also planning a trip to Aruba in June/July, so I want to be down a bunch by then!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    No ring yet but we're talking and planning so I know one will be in my near future. I figure some of my motivation is to look good in a dress on that big day :happy:
  • I'm getting married in June next year and just got engaged in August. But I started losing before that just for myself. Now of course I am even more motivated :D
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    I've got 2 months. I bought my wedding dress and had it altered 4 years ago. As of now, I'm the same size I was when I bought it so it should fit like a glove. :) We're already married, but it's for our vow renewal. We got married at the courthouse.
  • Kacieso
    You look fantastic! I love your dress!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    I'm not engaged or anything, but I would definitely like to be fit for the future guy/possible wedding.
  • Kacieso
    Same boat! :) Ring should be here within a month or so (eek!!), but we've already started planning!
  • Not for my own wedding, but I'm a bridesmaid in November so I'm trying to lose a little weight before then. :) Congrats on your engagement!!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    ME! I'm getting married on August 24th 2013 and I'm trying to get to my goal weight before then. I started out at 246.8 the end of April and I'm now 212. I want to be about 145lbs when I finish so I've got another 77lbs to go and I'm hoping to have half of that gone by Christmas so I can begin dress shopping with confidence!
  • Wow! Thanks for the great responses everyone! And CONGRATS to you all! Feel free to add me and we can do the get-fit-for-the-wedding journey together! :) This is such an exciting time and the last thing I want to think on my big day is how bad I look! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Not for my own wedding, but I'm a bridesmaid in November so I'm trying to lose a little weight before then. :) Congrats on your engagement!!

i'm a bridesmaid for a wedding in october and i PLAN on catching the bouquet!
  • rosekittie
    rosekittie Posts: 28 Member
    I've been married a month now, and it's so much easier to focus on fitness now that the planning is done with. Wish you all the best!
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    sounds good to me! I'm in.