Insanity people

Options
2»

Replies

• glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    On average...I typically burned 350-425 calories for the month 1 Insanity workouts, and 450-500 on month 2 workouts. I was surprised I didn't burn more, but alas, it is what it is. That said, I leaned out in a CRAZY way, particularly in my core. I burn more calories doing Turbo Fire, but I'm not a lean now than I was at the end of Insanity. (Oh, and I am 5'9" and was right around 172 pounds during my 2 months of Insanity).
  • MyaA
    MyaA Posts: 87
    Options
    are you in month 2 ? i didn't realise you're that far in! way to go! and if you're that far then why the heck would you not have any business finishing? there is nothing disgusting about making positive changes for your health.

i'm not meaning this in a condescending way, it's a genuine question - is it possible that the workout is too hard for your current fitness level and you're not keeping up with it enough to burn more? i know some people recommend that you get to a relatively good level of fitness before doing insanity - i was walking/jogging for an hour 5 times a week for a couple months before insanity... maybe you should redo month1 again before moving on to month 2?

i'm in month 2 and my typical calorie burns are between 450-580 cals for all those workouts. i personally use a polar with a chest strap for all sorts of activities where i'm jumping, rolling, running etc and it's never had a lower reading as a result of the movement...actually it's done the opposite...it's shown me sometimes when i feel like i'm pushing myself, that there's alot of room for me to safely push more and consequently burn more cals.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    my legs usually give before my breath does, getting much better with breath,
    i do have bruises on my knees, from pushing plank moves to the point where my lwgs just give.
    but then i just get up and keep going
  • twinmommy54
    Options
    I'm in month 2, week 2, day 3 and I just did Max Interval Circuit. I worked out for an hour and burnt a little over 900 calories. It just depends on your fitness level, and what HR zone your working out in. I was always around 75% of my max heart rate. My beach body coach seems to think this is right on. I'm in really good shape, and kicking *kitten* at the workouts now. So I hope its right. ;)
  • MKLC
    MKLC Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey.. can anyone tell me the order of videos for the insanity workout..I seem to have lose my guides... :(