C25K 9/16/12

Options
I want to start and finish the C25k plan. I keep starting and I usually stop around week 2ish when I get bored...lol I really need some encouragement! I was wondering who would join and start it this upcoming Sun or Monday. It's only 3 days a week, which is perfect for my schedule. Plus My birthday is in November which is 9 Weeks away and that is exactly The duration of c25k.
We can post our starting weight on Sunday and some basic measurements and check in every Sunday(or more frequently). If anyone gets a snag someone can post some encouragement or helpful tips. So how about it?

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun, but I am already into week 2...let me know how you do, though-I LOVE C25K!!!
  • Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So that's a no on the group? Week 2 isn't very far along. If I wanted to i could start on week 3 my cell app is already marked there. But, I rather start on week one haven't been to the gym in weeks.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! My BF went from being a NON-runner to running (easily) for 2 miles in a few short weeks. He even went on a run on an "off" day!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Oh, no-I'd be glad to update...I do more than 3 days a week though because I LOVE to "run" now...I will be glad when I can lose the quotation marks around that word!!!
  • seashman
    Options
    I'm midway through Week 2 myself. I'd be happy to do a group with some other interested people...so far I'm loving the program!
  • hoskibn
    Options
    Keep it up! My BF went from being a NON-runner to running (easily) for 2 miles in a few short weeks. He even went on a run on an "off" day!

That's hilarious because I did that Monday for the first time. First time I WANTED to go for a run.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just recently, this is something I want to try. I've started adding running into my cardio workouts and I love the results I see already! I only started about 2 weeks ago. Before then, I couldn't run for more than like 2 blocks.....but now I am up to running (between 4.5-5mph) for 12 minutes without stopping. This is a big deal for me. :) I would love to start C25K with you starting on Sun or Mon. If you make a group, definitely let me know!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want to start this too- my husband and I are running a 5k obstacle course (where time doesn't actually matter) in the end of the October. I've been doing some brisk walking trying to prepare myself for the actually "running" perhaps it's time to suck it up and start the C25K!!!! I'm probably going to need someone to nudge me a little but I'm willing to try!!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be in a group for this! I don't know if I can start that soon though because I have a contusion on my left foot that gets painful as soon as I start to jog. The pain in walking is starting to go away, so I'm hoping one more week and I'll be good :D Let me know if you start up a group!
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for it. I'm at week 4 now tho. It's taken me 3 months to get there!! I keep starting and stopping as well. I have to pay my monthly membership to the gym tomorrow but would be able to start on Sunday. I'd even be willing to start back at week 3.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm also a starter and would love to join you. I have been doing it for a month now, but I haven't been following the program. I have actually thought about starting it so I can stay with the program instead. Let me know. I've been following it on my ipod when I've done it, there's an app too??
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K last year. I restarted I'm currently on Week 4, Day 2. I need structure or I get carried away and over do things. It's a great program. My morning workout is Body Revolution, C25K in the evenings.
  • KariSmith0212
    Options
    I'm midway thru week 6. Id love to join in to finish up with anyone!!
  • duseksy
    duseksy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My brother was telling me I should give this a try. I'd love to give it a try with you! :smile:
  • KariSmith0212
    Options
    I'm also a starter and would love to join you. I have been doing it for a month now, but I haven't been following the program. I have actually thought about starting it so I can stay with the program instead. Let me know. I've been following it on my ipod when I've done it, there's an app too??

Yes theres an ap...I use the one from ZinLabs
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started week one this week, just one more run to go until week two though!
    Currently weigh 169lb, lost 4lb since the last time i weighed myself.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I just started last Saturday -- so count me in.
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    I did this program and it is absolutely fabulous. :bigsmile:
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    There is a very active group on this site already, with new people beginning the program each week:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • ranganayakee
    ranganayakee Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am doing the C25K program to lose all the weight I gained during pregnancy. I am into week 3 and have lost a lb so far