When will it stop hurting?

Options
Ok I started doing the 30 day shred on Monday & today is day 4. Along with that I've been walking 40+ minutes a day, I walk my daughter to school. Just wondering when my muscles won't be so sore anymore? & I've been eating right & my weight hasn't gone down at all...any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks :)

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Probably a week or two. Doing 30DS every day is pretty high impact, however. Plus the walking. Might want to ease into it a little more to help recovery. I think JM recommends 30DS be done every OTHER day, for example.

Even after working out 5 days a week for about 18 months I am still a bit sore/tight after a heavy workout day so the real answer is - probably never ;) You learn to live with it and actually miss it when it's gone!
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    For me, the pain mellows around day 4-5 only to return when I move to the next level or up my weights. The weight loss will depend on your food intake. I never lost weight using 30DS but I saw a difference in my body - i actually had a waist and saw some muscle toning in my arms and thighs.
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At the start I did 2days followed by a rest day then slowly but surely upped my exercise days and slowed down my rest days!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels recommends having rest days in between, not doing it for 30 consecutive days. That might help. I think it's pretty common to not see much weight loss while doing it. A lot of the stories I've seen on here mention inch loss, but not much weight loss.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When I did the 30-day shred I found that I was the most sore for the first 5 days of level one. For levels 2 and 3 it was more like 3 days. For each level, it started to feel really easy by day 6.

My husband shared a fun thought with me yesterday after I told him I was surprised NOT to be sore after our mountain bike ride the day before. He said, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body. When all the weakness is gone, the pain will be gone."

Leave it to a Marine to phrase a compliment like that! ;)

I'd suggest extra stretching (the stretches at the end of the video are really short) and be sure to drink plenty of water.

Good luck!
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me the worst were days 2 and 3, after that it gets better. I think by day 5, 6 I wasn't sore anymore. I am currently on day 8 Level 2.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    For me, the soreness died down around Day 5. However, there's regular muscle soreness and then there's injury-pain. Make sure you take breaks, especially if you're having stabbing or throbbing pain in your knees or shins. As for losing weight, I've heard 30DS doesn't help you drop pounds but it does help you lose inches. Combining 30DS with cardio and good eating choices should help you lose pounds though. :smile:
  • vnakkar
    Options
    Make sure you're eating and drinking after your workout. An egg sandwich can really help with recovery.

http://www.poweringmuscles.com/article.php?id=55
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone..I think I will take a rest day today & then continue tomorrow :)
  • kayjo2
    Options
    I didn't read through all of the posts to see if anyone has already said this, nor do I know your water drinking habits, but drinking plenty of water really helps the muscles recover much more quickly. Good luck to you!
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I did the 30DS after I had my daughter. My husband could barely rest his hand on my thigh!