meals at work

Options
I am looking for ideas of what meals to take to work. We have a microwave / toaster / sandwich maker at work so reheating is not a problem. I am looking for inspiration and easy ideas. Looking forward to your replies.:smile:

Replies

• soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    my usual lunches:

-cereal/skim milk
    -lean pockets (don't judge)
    -easy mac (really, one little cup is only 220 calories)
    -chicken/cheese quesadilla
    -frozen whole grain waffles/peanut butter
    -half a bagel w/ peanut butter

and then i always have protein bars on hand and supplement everything with fruit. it's definitely not perfect, but i'm a picky eater, so it works for me.
  • ieishab
    ieishab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You could pack sandwhiches, salads, raw/cooked veggies, fruits, brown rice (microwaveable) and steamed veggies, triscuits, hummus, nuts, cheese cubes, deli meats. Leftover dinner pepared the night before. Whew! the list could go on an on! Good luck!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas in this thread, where the OP was seeking foods that reheat well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/735786-help-i-need-one-meal-for-a-week
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Soup, whole wheat crackers, veggie side & fruit

Cottage cheese, fruit, veggie side, and wheat thin sticks

Grilled chicken, spring mix salad, snap peas, chow mein noodles (just a few) mandarin orange cup & Newman's Light Sesame Ginger Dressing - Knock-off off Mickey D's

Grilled chicken, spinach, strawberries, pecans, with vinegrette

Grilled chicken, romaine, mexicorn, cheddar cheese, salsa mixed with low fat sour cream, a few tortilla chips

Baked potato with Green Giant Broccoli & Cheddar sauce (single serve frozen pack)

That's all I got ..... will check back for more ideas
  • VMLWalker
    Options
    thank you for the great ideas, so practical
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I often pre-make soup, stir fry, tuna bake etc on the weekends and portion out into containers and reheat for lunch at work. Need some fresh ideas too though. Thinking of having chicken enchiladas with avocado tomato salsa for dinner next week and make enough for left overs for lunch!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    One of the things I've been doing is I take an orowheat pocket thin and fill with sliced grilled chicken, avocado and a slice of sargento ultra thin provolone cheese and something crunchy on the side. You could easily swap out ingredients for variety or make it vegetarian, ect.

I'll also make a batch of something on Sundays that is just for lunches for the week. When its done cooking I put it in tupperware containers so I can grab & go in the morning.
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great posts, everyone! It's good to get fresh ideas now and then!

Have a great day!

:flowerforyou:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I had one of my favorites today:

Morningstar Farms Chik Patty (heated in the toaster oven on the oven setting because the microwave makes them gross)
    with 1/2 Tbsp low fat mayo
    1 leaf of romaine lettuce
    1 slice of 2% American Cheese
    on a light hamburger roll

286 calories

I only wish that I had a tomato slice to put on it! The Chik Patty tastes so similar to regular chicken that you can't even tell it's a veggie patty.. and believe me, I'm no vegetarian! :tongue:
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Some things I eat/have eaten at work:

breakfast: green monster protein smoothie, overnight oats, oatmeal, flax wrap with peanut butter and blueberries/banana, healthy cereal with almond milk and fruit

snacks: raw veggies with hummus, fresh fruit, nuts

lunch: soup (the past 2 weeks it has been spicy lentil quinoa soup with kale, nutritional yeast and 1/4 avocado), quinoa with veggies, flax wrap with black beans, spinach, tomatoes, hot sauce, avocado, etc.

I'm really short on time working full-time and going to school, so I will usually make soup or a rice/vegetable dish and bring it to work for lunch for the next week or two.