Pre-diabetic/Diabetics

Options
I would love to have friends that knowledge able in this area. This is new to me and I really want it to work. Add me as your friend.

Replies

• rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Doc just told me I'm pre-diabetic...no idea what that means...new to this too!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am Type 2 diabetic, have been for a few years now. There is a diabetic group here as well you might want to join.
  • Type 2 Diabetic here. I started as a pre-diabetic about 3 years ago. Still didn't watch what I was eating and went into full blown diabetes 2 years ago.

Now that I'm eating right and exercising, I've come off of 2 of the 3 diabetic medicines I was on. Doc says that if I keep sticking to my plan, I may actually knock the diabetes into remission. :-)
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Not a doctor, but, I believe pre-diabetic means you're closing in on being medically diagnosed as being a type 2 diabetic.

There are 2 types of diabetes. The first type is type 1 diabetic, which means, they are insulin dependent because their body is not producing usable insulin, so they must inject it or have a pump that injects it for them.

The second type is type 2 diabetes, which is insulin resistance. It means that your body is producing more insulin, but it is not helping your body to metabolize the sugars that you've ingested. The easiest way I can put this is to think of it like this: normally, your body would be able to use a cup of hot chocolate in say, an hour. Now that you're body is becoming insulin resistant, it is taking more time to get rid of that hot chocolate in your body. Of course, this is a super over generalization to help visualize.

If you work out now, you can still change things :)
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Terri and I had been pre-diabetic for years and this past year I stepped over the edge, so now I am trying to reverse that. Please friend me as I am fairly knowledgeable on the subject, and living it and reversing it......:happy: