Fat % & Protein %

Options
I wanted to ask about the fat and protein %. I do eat as much protein as I can. Protein shakes, eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt etc. But how can you stay under fat % for the day? I have mine set as 40% carb, 30% fat and 30% protein. I struggle to meet my protein %. Any ideas on what else to eat that is lower fat but higher protein? Or shouldn't I be concerned going over 30% fat and just worry about calories?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ask about the fat and protein %. I do eat as much protein as I can. Protein shakes, eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt etc. But how can you stay under fat % for the day? I have mine set as 40% carb, 30% fat and 30% protein. I struggle to meet my protein %. Any ideas on what else to eat that is lower fat but higher protein? Or shouldn't I be concerned going over 30% fat and just worry about calories?

I wouldn't overly worry about any arbitrarily set upper limits on your macros, get in adequate fats and proteins and let the rest of your cals fall where they may

To answer your other question, eat more fish/lean proteins if you want more protein but low fat
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    lower fat versions of what you are eating. i.e. 1% cottage cheese instead of 2%.
  • Gagaluvr
    Gagaluvr Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1% or less of things. I just think when I eat the greek yogurt it has like 5 or 6 % so that shoots up the fat %. Thanks guys for your help :)
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1% or less of things. I just think when I eat the greek yogurt it has like 5 or 6 % so that shoots up the fat %. Thanks guys for your help :)

5 or 6%? WHAAA?

Almost all greek is 0% fat.

Chobani and Dannon both make 0% fat greek yogurts that are amazing
  • madmish00
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over your overall fats if they are healthy sources but I would try to keep your saturated fats low. I work on the same macros as you but I tend to struggle more going over on carbs than fat.