2 scoops of protein powder too much?

Options
Hello

For breakfast I have a protein shake. Is it okay to have 2 scoops? This is get the majority of my protein needs out of the way early, so I don't have to worry about it later. Its about 60g of protein in 2 scoops and my goal per day is 90-100. Which i struggle to get to most days

Replies

• jjefferies7
    Options
    yes its fine
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If the serving size is 2 scoops, then its all good. My protein powder calls for 2 scoops as well :)
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I do 2 scoops every day plus an egg in the morning. Seems to take care of most of my protein needs. What is your concern specifically? Calories?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    IT doesn't matter what a serving size is--log it and move on--completely fine to get your protein that way.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    I do 2 scoops every day plus an egg in the morning. Seems to take care of most of my protein needs. What is your concern specifically? Calories?

Thanks everyone!

Its more of me being confused.

I read a few articles in a fitness magazine about how you have to spread out your protein. It says if you have it all at once it wont be absorbed and is wasted. But I don't think that is true I guess. That's why I asked this, to get things straightened out :smile:

So I can have 2/3 of my daily protein for breakfast and my muscles will be okay? :laugh:
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    Do it :) I usually use 2 scoops a day as well, 1 in a shake and 1 for protein pancakes
  • jjefferies7
    Options

Thanks everyone!

I read a few articles in a fitness magazine about how you have to spread out your protein. It says if you have it all at once it wont be absorbed and is wasted. But I don't think that is true I guess. That's why I asked this, to get things straightened out :smile:

So I can have 2/3 of my daily protein for breakfast and my muscles will be okay? :laugh:

you could eat all of your protein at breakfast and you would be okay.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options

Thanks everyone!

you could eat all of your protein at breakfast and you would be okay.

Thank you!
    For some reason I had it in my mind that protein powder is different than whole foods. So it would digest too fast and not absorb.
    Sometimes I should think things out a little more:laugh:
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I took 3 the other day I had a shake and oatmeal for my after workout breakfast..serving size was 2. I put 2 in my shake and 1 in my oatmeal, my new favorite way to have my oatmeal!