Sure fire sign you have great stress in your life?

Options
I drink more coffee than usual which is often accompanied by a decreased appetite. To overcome it I go for long walks to meditate on the issue(s) and eventually find someone I can trust to confide in. Long walks often include Starbucks hence the increased caffeine. Talking about the cause of and acknowledging the stress are the first steps for me to eliminating it. I will also try to do a massive workout which always helps. Increased coiutus helps immensely as well!

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    haha - yes increased coiutus always helps!!

I get snappy and don't want to be around people - even my fiance. I usually have trouble eating when I get really stressed too (Which is weird because I used to be the opposite).... I like to get in a good run, or a hardcore workout when I feel stressed.
  • fraser112
    Options
    Anger is mine :laugh:
    When i went through the worst phase of my life i was angry 24/7 , had pretty bad ocd.
    After about 6 months of this i could not function, ended up with about 10 mouth ulcers ill ect

All in all i manage my life better now haha

Get ride of stuff/people you hate
    if you wana murder someone its a good sign.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the increase in caffeine. When I'm stressed out, I really become a glutton, too, eating anything and everything I can. It's not pretty.
  • IntoQuestion
    Options
    Spots. The stress itself + my nutrition down the drain + angry, careless shaving = bad skin.

If I look like Curiosity should be exploring my face, I know I ought to take a step back and look at my life seriously.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Jaw muscles are sore/stiff.. not really sure why, but been noticing it lately.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep. And my head goes to a dark place. And I organise everything until it can be organised no further, and then panic because I've nothing to organise.

I'm moving house in a fortnight. I've had one half-decent night's sleep this week, cried and attempted to convince myself that none of my friends like me.

Luckily logic will out and heavy metal is always there to punch self-loathing into submission. And my mates somehow actually do like me regardless! :)

ETA: Oh, and mouth ulcers as someone else said. But given I've been hospitalised with them in the past, I'm pretty good at blanking them out.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You can tell when I'm stressed because I pop a xanax.
  • SirZee
    Options

Well, the problem is it requires two parties (for optimum fun), what if the disinterest of the other party (that you have pledged lifelong commitment to) is the reason for the stress in the first place? ;)
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Well, the problem is it requires two parties (for optimum fun), what if the disinterest of the other party (that you have pledged lifelong commitment to) is the reason for the stress in the first place? ;)

Well then you're f**ked. Except you're not. But you are. But...
  • SirZee
    Options

Well then you're f**ked. Except you're not. But you are. But...

Exactly. The loop just amplifies the stress. :)
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options

I have this too, I find its caused by tension in my body from when I am stressed. Try a mouth/nightguard while sleeping, it helps.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Happens to me as well. I grind my teeth in my sleep, and it gets much worse when I'm stressed out.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sure fire sign you have great stress in you life... your blood pressure is 160/90 on meds!
    How to fix that:
    Switching my medication so hope that will help:)
    Also I work out regularly and get a monthly massage.
    Looking into adding yoga.
    Venting to friends helps too:)
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I get fat.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I become a much better shot...of course, that's probably due to the fact that I'm at the range more often when stressed. .223 and Tannerite = Great stress relief.
  • Wthompson1215
    Wthompson1215 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My weight loss stalls,,,,and I eat stuff that I know I shouldnt have!!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Insomnia.
    Increased nail/finger biting.
    Crankiness.
    Sore jaw.
    Eating too much, particularly crunchy things.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My way to decrease the stress is through laughter with a close BFF
  • LNZimmer
    Options
    Increased coiutus helps immensely as well!

^^^THIS^^^

My boyfriend knows when I come home from work super stressed - that I must need something!!! I always come in to work so much happier and less stressed!!! :smokin:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat lots of sugar when stressed. funny I.get so tired from work and kids that the constant.demands for coitus sometimes is stressful as well... true story