Healthy stress snacks?

Options
I'm an emotional eater, and have been REALLY stressed lately. Even during my TOM I'm pretty good about controlling my cravings, but when I'm stressed and going so many hours without I sleep I binge like crazy.

So what are some healthy alternatives to stuff like chocolate and chips?

Replies

• MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Pop some popcorn on the stove with some olive or coconut oil. Top with your fave spices. I like to do garlic salt and rosemary. A light dusting of parmesan is not TOO caloric either. :smile:
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    also, the small rice cake snacks that are by gensoy....not the sugar ones! Organic dark chocolate but if you cant stop eating once your start do not have. And pirates booty aged cheese puffs! Those are great as is popcorn. ofcourse fruit and veggies but sometimes you just need something that seems "junky"
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Popcorn Indiana is good and 1 cup is very filling, comes in a variety of sweet/salty flavors! Also the snackwells mini bags of popcorn are yummy too and easier to portion control. Okay, I'm a little obsessed with popcorn, lol. Carrots and hummus are good for a snack. Apples are yummy too and filling :)
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    My stess snack is seaweed sheets. I buy them at Trader Joe's, but I think I saw them at Costco recently. Half a TJ's package (1 serving) is only 30 calories and great macronutrients. Tjs has two types--regular and wasabi so choose carefully!

For example, 10 sheets of nori has 9 calories with 0 grams of fats, 1 gram of carbohydrates and 1.5 grams of protein. You get 0.5 milligrams of iron, 93 milligrams of potassium and 15 milligrams of phosphorus in this larger serving. A 10-sheet serving of nori also provides over 1,300 IU of vitamin A and 10 milligrams of vitamin C.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/544108-what-is-the-nutritional-value-for-a-sheet-of-seaweed/
  • meganbook
    Options
    Beef Jerky! Low in calorie (a serving is only 80 calories) low in fat, and plenty of protein! Fills you up and takes a long time to chew.