• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    How you doing dude??? Everything going your way?? :happy:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hey Tam.

Yeah, still at work trying to sort out this situation in Myanmar. Probably looking at being here pretty late tonight also.

Say a prayer for the people of Burma/Myanmar. Things over there are pretty dire right now.

I'll log on chat in a little while.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

-J
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey! I pray for them every night!! I can't even imagine how busy you are! Good luck!!!

:heart:
    Tam
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Hey Tam.

Yeah, still at work trying to sort out this situation in Myanmar. Probably looking at being here pretty late tonight also.

Say a prayer for the people of Burma/Myanmar. Things over there are pretty dire right now.

I'll log on chat in a little while.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

-J

I will, too..
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you know it! hugs to you and prayers for all!:heart:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    They are in our prayers. The students at my 6 yr old's school decided they wanted to help and went to the principal for permission. They did a collection fundraiser and all proceeds were sent to Myanmar. :heart:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Samaritan's Purse is an awesome organization. It's putting money where your mouth is, so to speak. Sgt, can you tell us more about it?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    just wanted to bump this one myself, as the situation arouand the world has seriously taken a turn, especially in the last week. I feel for the people of Tibet and Myanmar, the folks who are going through such devistation in china, where alot of the population has lost their only child.
    i also want you folks on MFP to know im praying for you as well!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    just wanted to bump this one myself, as the situation arouand the world has seriously taken a turn, especially in the last week. I feel for the people of Tibet and Myanmar, the folks who are going through such devistation in china, where alot of the population has lost their only child.
    i also want you folks on MFP to know im praying for you as well!!

Em, you are awesome!!

Everyone on here and around the world is in my prayers!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Sarge,

I sounds like you are doing wonderful work. Bless you!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Samaritan's Purse is an awesome organization. It's putting money where your mouth is, so to speak. Sgt, can you tell us more about it?

Sure!

Samaritan's Purse is a not for profit Christian international relief organization. We are headquartered in Boone NC (my beautiful little home town) and are helmed by Franklin Graham (son of famous evangelist Billy Graham). We have employees all over the world, from Mongolia, Sudan, China, Honduras to The Congo, Iraq, Mexico and all points in between (pretty much everywhere), as well as inside the US and Canada, responding to domestic disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes etc. We feel we are charged by the great Lord above to go forth and heal suffering in both a physical and spiritual way, by feeding, sheltering, and clothing the needy in a way that will reflect God's light and love for all mankind.

Aside from Disaster relief, we have many projects we fund and facilitate including:

Children's Heart Project (which I pray I can be involved with before the summer is out): Where we bring kids with heart conditions in third world countries to the US/Canada to receive the surgeries they need to make it out of childhood and lead healthy productive lives. (This program is very close to my heart)

Prescription for Hope:Our AIDS relief program, where we send workers into Africa to educate the population how to avoid contraction and how to lead a productive life even if they or family members are carriers of the disease.

World Medical Mission: Our mission that sends Doctors out into the world to places that would not have medical care otherwise. This lasts anywhere from 2 weeks to years, depending on what the physicians/nurses want to do. This is also the mission where we supply the hospitals we build with equipment that is donated to us (we refurbish everything here on site).

Special Programs: Our festivals, such as Franklin Graham Festivals. His son Will Graham has also begun doing youth Festivals targeted at teens. This is where we get down and dirty (or clean) with the praising and leading souls to Jesus.

And of course, Operation Christmas Child: Our largest and most well known project, OCC is where we ask volunteers from across the world to fill shoe boxes with various toys and items to be processed and sent out into the third world, so that Children, many of whom have never had a Christmas gift, will have something to open on the morning of Jesus's birthday. I can't tell you how amazing this project is. God's hand is so visible on this, it's unbelievable, simply unbelievable. The year before last we had 6.8 million boxes donated and distributed. Last year it was over 8 million. This year, it's projected to be close to 10 million. God is GREAT!!!!!

There are many more things we are involved with, but this is a pretty general overview. (I feel like I just wrote an advertisement...I wonder if I can get media pay for this....hmmmm)

I am completely blessed to work for this organization, and I thank God for it everyday. If you want to know more check out www.samaritan.org. We have videos and pictures, as well as other information.

And just because I feel like it needs to be said, if you haven't found and accepted Jesus Christ into your heart, check out:

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/StepsToPeace_Step1.asp

I can tell you from experience, that he truly is the one constant that will stand by you, thick or thin, fat or skinny, surrounded by many or crying alone by yourself. If you ever want to talk about finding your faith, please, please, please don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll talk anytime you need to talk. I want to reflect his light. I want everyone to know the joy that is in my heart.

Ok, that's all for now. Let me know if you want to know more, and please keep us in your prayers.

Love you guys.:heart:

-J
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Well said. Good representation. You're an articulate writer too. Thank you, J
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You're a good man Sarge. What you do with your life is a wonderful thing. I do pray for them and the the people suffering in China every day.

49394.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    You're a good man Sarge. What you do with your life is a wonderful thing. I do pray for them and the the people suffering in China every day.

49394.png

I know I probably come across as to good to be true...(and I am trust me, I live with me all the time)

I just try to be a good person.

One day when I get to heaven, I want Jesus to walk up to me and give me a huge hug, then look me in the eye and say, 'Jeremy, I am SO proud of you...'

That's what drives me, that's what makes me want to be more than I am.

Thanks for the compliment, all that I am, I am because of my wonderful Savior.

-J
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My goodness J, u just might actually be too good to be true! :) We luv ya buddy! :heart:
  • TamTastic
    Options

49394.png

I know I probably come across as to good to be true...(and I am trust me, I live with me all the time)

One day when I get to heaven, I want Jesus to walk up to me and give me a huge hug, then look me in the eye and say, 'Jeremy, I am SO proud of you...'

-J

I think you will get your wish for sure Jeremy! And I am proud of you too! (Not that I have the same pull!)
    Tam
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My goodness J, u just might actually be too good to be true! :) We luv ya buddy! :heart:

I agree! You're awesome! Thankyou for all you do to help out this crazy world! :flowerforyou: I agree that you will one day get your wish! Good luck to you on reachin gyour goals with your work! :drinker:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    You rock!!! You'll make some girl very lucky one day. I wish there were more guys like you.....:ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

-J
    This is the best "aw" moment yet J.
    Jesus is so proud of you and all you do, going to do and have done... You are most defintely getting that huge hug.

You have a kind heart J and everyone has fallen in love with it.

~Jo Jo:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

49394.png

-J

What an inspiration you are to the rest of us Christians. God bless you. :flowerforyou: