Perfume at interviews, yes or no?

Options
I have a 2nd interview coming up.

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'd say no, unless you forgot to shower.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    no way
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it to a body wash. But not perfume.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    negative
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Big no no.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    No! O gawd....why can't perfume be banned?? Or people trained that a little dab will do yah? I have literally thrown up from being near someone who had way way too much on. Yuck!:sick:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    No! O gawd....why can't perfume be banned?? Or people trained that a little dab will do yah? I have literally thrown up from being near someone who had way way too much on. Yuck!:sick:

Yeah...cologne/perfume should only be used in enough amount that only someone RIGHT UP ON YOU will smell it. Not people in a 5-10 foot radius...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    only if its for a stripper ...... then the fragrance would be cucumber melon
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    NO! the wrong scent can be very off-putting. And the person you interview with may have an allergy to perfumes!
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NO perfume.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Yeah...cologne/perfume should only be used in enough amount that only someone RIGHT UP ON YOU will smell it. Not people in a 5-10 foot radius...

EXACTLY!!!!! Thank you!!

Perfume is supposed to be an intimate thing. Someone should be able to smell it on you if you embrace, if you're dancing together, or they are standing extremely close to you.

You're not suppose to marinate in it.

And I would say definitely NO for an interview. You don't know who could be scent-sensitive in that work place.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Yes but LIGHTLY. I mean SO LIGHTLY it's almost not there ... which begs the question; why wear it anyway?
  • arleneechocim
    Options
    absolutely not at the interview and not on the job.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

Wrong, its Warm Vanilla Sugar.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    No, absolutely not
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't... you don't know if A) there is a policy against wearing perfume or 2) if an interviewer is allergic/sensative to perfume... if it's strong or just the right scent it can be distracting
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Wrong, its Warm Vanilla Sugar.

My favourite body butter is Vanilla Spice.

TIL : I'm a stripper :frown:

*slouches off to find a pole*
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    None you never know what a stranger is sensitive to. If they are allergic to you you will stand out as a poor reminder, and someone they will not want in the same building as them.