My First Day

Okay, my first day was alright. Instead of starting the diet and exercise I thought it would be fun to see what my normal life was like with my goals. It is crazy!! I pretty much doubled my calorie max for the day...its sad! :sad:

Replies

• Okay, my first day was alright. Instead of starting the diet and exercise I thought it would be fun to see what my normal life was like with my goals. It is crazy!! I pretty much doubled my calorie max for the day...its sad! :sad:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Now you know where you are beginning from. Its ok!!! Now you can change your diet and really see the difference.

Best of luck.

Where you from?

Eve
  • icus1969
    icus1969 Posts: 17 Member
    I know what you mean I did the same thing the first day I joined and just added what I ate normally and was I ever surprised, I also was eating double my calorie intake. Now I take a little more care in my
    portion sizes and weigh or measure everything, It's driving my husband nuts but I'm losing the weight.

Brenda:happy:
  • My first day too and I did exactly what you did. I thought today was kind of a light day for food for me but whoa was I wrong. No wonder I am overweight! I'm glad I joined now. I am very into nutrition and I can't believe I was so misinformed about calories.

Amber
  • gayla
    gayla Posts: 4
    Wow, after doing my calorie count I was depressed, but I also did not enter any activity today because I was home sick. I wish there was a solution for bread! Any body else feel that way. I just want to be a size 10 again and look trimmer.:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Welcome to all you guys that are new. And best of luck.

gayla, there is definately a solution to bread, and all carbs,
    you fight it with alternates like whole wheat and flax seed wraps.
    You also fight carb cravings with eating enough throughout the
    day (I.E. don't just eat 2 or 3 times a day, bring snacks to work...etc)
    And Protein is a good sub for carbs, protein keeps your stomach
    feeling full longer then other things.

Not that carbs are evil, it's just that they have their place in our diets
    just like everything else, and our society has messed that up bigtime!
  • Wow, after doing my calorie count I was depressed, but I also did not enter any activity today because I was home sick. I wish there was a solution for bread! Any body else feel that way. I just want to be a size 10 again and look trimmer.:smile:

I do find that low GI bread makes a real difference. It keeps you fuller on a lesser amount and it keeps you full longer. I live in australia, so i dont know what they have where you are, but i can pretty much guarantee that you'll have a larger choice!! Low GI snacks of any kind are really a great alternative (god i sound like an ad). Just be careful that they are not so low that they contain no carbs (for obvious reasons) mix and match.
  • Update!! My second day is going much better! I think I may have overindulged a little at lunch, but it's okay. I think I will try to run a couple of miles later to compensate for it! :happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    gayla,
    I have seen some low cal breads in the stores. Not sure how they taste. I also have a few recipes for them if you are up to cooking them yourself. Other than that I do alot of low-fat/no fat tortillas. I love pitas too.

Eve
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Low GI snacks of any kind are really a great alternative (god i sound like an ad). Just be careful that they are not so low that they contain no carbs (for obvious reasons) mix and match.

littlespoon:
    I am interested in 'Low GI snacks', but I don't think I have seen that here in California. If those snacks have low/no carbs, what are they made of, nutritionally speaking? Can you describe the nutritional contents of those snacks?