How to track a 'bad' day?

Options
Hi!
I'm new MFP and tracking my calories and need a bit of guidance.

How do you track a write-off day?

During the week, I'm very diligent about watching what I eat and keep it all tallied, but as the weekend nears I know I'm going to go out and way overindulge on alcohol. I try to stick to healthier options like vodka/water or red wine and avoid tonic/soda but I still know that I've had WAY more calories than I should have had. And no.....cutting back on the booze isn't really the option I'm looking for :)

So how do track those bad days? And should I be eating less during the week to make up for the calorie bomb that happens once every 7 days?

Thanks!!

Replies

• annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just log it as it happens. some days are better than others & then some aren"t. be HONEST.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can either quick calorie an estimate of what you had or add it all. I like to still add the individual items so I know how much I went ouer and whether there is one or two things I could reduced so the blow out was so dramatic. Eg if i had one less slice of cheese toast that the 2.5 I ate I could have saved 180 calories. I don't compensate on other days I just keep going as per usual
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    track it as you consume it.... maybe you can workout eatra the before and day of partying to balance it out.
  • Handy333
    Options
    Thank you for your FAST feedback!!

I'll try to be as honest as I can... and I guess it will help me remember when 1 too many is actually too much!!!