OMG PMS!!!

Options
Want to eat ALL. THE. TIME!!!
Every month I just want to eat all the time for the few days leading up to my period, then I'm back to normal. I don't have to have fried or fatty or sweet, but I am hungry constantly for three days or so. It's so difficult to stick to the calories. I still go to the gym and do my workouts, I have no problem staying motivated I just want food.

Okay, rant over. :)

Replies

• ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I usually do the exact same thing except this month, AF came on today, 5 days earlier. I had no extreme hunger whatsoever, no pms, nothing!! WTH!! I'm beginning to wonder if it's all in my head. I always tell myself when I get that extreme hunger " It's just because AF is coming" , but because I got thrown off with it coming early, I never got to do that...LOL!!
  • lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I find the same. Sorry it does not get better with age either- I am 46 and as long as there is no chocolate or wine in the house I am not too bad but if there is its gone!!
  • ooCaitrice
    ooCaitrice Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I feel the same way. For three days my mouth is always busy. I really need to stop that
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I feel that way too. What helped me was the Eat Stop Eat program....but on the days when I feel I just can't stop eating...I eat broccoli
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Its this crazy hunger that wont stop for a few days too :/
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    samers. really hard to pass up sweets that i normally can walk away from no problem.
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I usually don't crave food during that time. BUT RIGHT NOW, all I want is Mr goodbars all day, we can skip the food lol it's like I'm an addict so I bought some snack sized ones and added to them my food these couple days...trying not to eat the whole bag in one day
    #shouldershrug
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I am living that right now. Due tomorrow and I have been soooo hungry Tuesday, yesterday and today! Stayed within my calories the past two days....today might be close.
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually do the exact same thing except this month, AF came on today, 5 days earlier. I had no extreme hunger whatsoever, no pms, nothing!! WTH!! I'm beginning to wonder if it's all in my head. I always tell myself when I get that extreme hunger " It's just because AF is coming" , but because I got thrown off with it coming early, I never got to do that...LOL!!

Mine came early too, by a full week. I wasn't expecting it...is it a full m oon or something? Geesh!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Bad cravings. Hungry more often. It sucksssss.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    2 days before. Every single time! haha

I just allow myself a break those days. I also try to stock my apartment with stuff like low cal ice cream, fruits, pumpkin seeds-super salty but low sodium(weird I know), edy lime pops-85 cals a piece i think, fudge pops are 40 cals a piece, sugar free lifesavers are great and only 7.5 cals a piece. 5 reduced fat ritz crackers and a wedge of laughing cow cheese is only 105 calories...I could go on and on haha.

But the point: make sure you have a lot of low cal food around.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great ideas Lect! Thanks :drinker:
  • Allofasudden84
    Options
    I am just trying to get motivated again and the PMS hit and watch out everything in site. About 2 days of pure hell... but hopefully tomorrow I will be back to my usual self with some energy.

Thats a great idea! I will have to give that a try next month. Prepare and fill the cupboards with low cal options so I don't find myself in line at the grocery store in my sweats glaring at everyone.
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    right there with you. when i'm pmsing i tend to try to get in a longer, more intense workout to compensate for the chocolate and ice cream later since you can't keep me from going at it when it's that time. 0 willpower!
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today is that day for me :(
  • _Amanda_lynn
    Options
    Same here.

Keep anything salty away... far, far away
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the curse burns close to 3000 calories and thats why ur body craves more food. Plus if ur on BC its really tricking your body into thinking your prego to prevent getting prego so thats another reason you probably crave a ton of food. I try to focus on not freaking out on people and less on logging food for those couple days haha
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    I had a womb ablasion a few years ago to help with my endometriosis so no longer have this problem. But before I had this procedure I would binge on carbs which actually made the pain suffered even worse but I still kept doing it! I must say that since having this done my life has been so much better,not an ideal procedure for everyone but certainly worked for me.
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Don't complain girly's! I wish I still had my period, but many thanks to an eating disorder, it's a no show!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I get the same way for the three days before. I asked my doctor about it, and he said it's hormones, it's the body's way of preparing itself for a 'possible' pregnancy. I try to eat as healthy as I can, even when eating more. But the chocolate and sweets get the better of me. With the pms, the cramps and the inconvenience, I just allow myself those days of grazing! I earned it!